By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - For those of you who live in the UK..

highwaystar101 said:
@ Tispower1: By guildford Do you know either Haslemere or Petersfield at all?

Yeah, I have a few college mates from Petersfield actually!

Around the Network

No way, I know a fair few people who live in Petersfield. Was it godamling College, cos that's where they all seemed to go.

I really like it... I don't live there yet but from all the times I visited, I really enjoyed it. Been to London a lot and also in the country where my bf lives, it's very peaceful and nice (there are some damn big spiders though *shivers*).

Or maybe I'm just too impressed because I never had a taste of luxury.

Just look in the VIZ magazine, all you need to know about the UK is in there

Good to see this site is still going 

And what about the food :P?

Around the Network
darkhaven63 said:

Well, for the most part it's fairly similar to the US, much less meat, however, and a lot more vegetarian alternatives. We're also big fans of gravy and custard. We loves our christmas pudding at, well, err... christmas.

People from the UK have recently become a lot more worried about where their food comes from, organic and free range meat and dairy products are becoming pretty much standard. Even things like shop bought mayonnaise uses organic and free range eggs nowadays.

highwaystar101 said:
No way, I know a fair few people who live in Petersfield. Was it godamling College, cos that's where they all seemed to go.

I personally don't know anyone from there, but there is a huge amount of colleges near where I live, QMC, Alton College, Farnham College, Farnborough Tech, Guildford College, it's kinda ridiculous

SamuelRSmith said:
darkhaven63 said:

Well, for the most part it's fairly similar to the US, much less meat, however, and a lot more vegetarian alternatives. We're also big fans of gravy and custard. We loves our christmas pudding at, well, err... christmas.

People from the UK have recently become a lot more worried about where their food comes from, organic and free range meat and dairy products are becoming pretty much standard. Even things like shop bought mayonnaise uses organic and free range eggs nowadays.

That's very true and the vegetarian alternatives are actually good... They don't taste like animal food! XD Oh and my bf buys free range eggs. ^^

lolita said:
SamuelRSmith said:
darkhaven63 said:

That's very true and the vegetarian alternatives are actually good... They don't taste like animal food! XD Oh and my bf buys free range eggs. ^^

A quick search on Google shows that the UK has a 5.6% vegetarian rate, the US 2.7% and Canada 4%

EDIT: The point to this post was to show that there are more vegetarian options because, simply, there are a greater proportion of vegetarians.

i feel bad when i have free range eggs becuase i feel i am ruining an age old tradion of keeping small feathered creatures in cages plus they taste so there no plus side to free range eggs

people in the uk don't really care where the food comes from just that it is there when they are hungary