By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Max King of the Wild said:
kirby007 said:
CrazzyMan said:
Anyway, people, you ARGUING about 10k, when PS3 will sell 400-500K during Christmas in Japan.
What the point?

Next week we will see the sales trend.

well see most of your predictions are bad, so i wouldn't count on it if i were you

but yet... for some reason... you like to say hes the voice of sony fans when his perdictions fall short...

relax i just enjoy teasing CM

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
CrazzyMan said:
Anyway, people, you ARGUING about 10k, when PS3 will sell 400-500K during Christmas in Japan.
What the point?

Next week we will see the sales trend.

well see most of your predictions are bad, so i wouldn't count on it if i were you

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 10th Nov 2001 to 05th Jan 2002:

Console PS2
Japan

The proof you need =))

johnsobas said:
why should i believe that vgchartz can do the numbers without famitsu and MC? The only times they have ever released before famitsu and MC the numbers were brutal on all accounts and all adjusted after famitsu and MC come out. Numbers are often adjusted anyway, if vgchartz has so many sources they would stick by their sources not adjust when famitsu says differently. I dare vgchartz to release their numbers before famitsu. I'm not trying to debunk vgchartz, they just need to stop claiming they can do something they cannot. NA numbers have a good track record, EU numbers have also been pretty good, but Japanese numbers when not aided by other sources have not.

I would like to see NPD do that too. We all know they adjust (otherwise the Wii isn't sold out.. but let's not get into THAT), but we never see it.

Also, if they adjust to Famitsu or MediaCreate - why is there still a difference (sometimes)?

Last weeks numbers

Console - Famitsu - MediaCreate - VGC

DS (Lite and i) - 188,600 - 187,000, 189,000
PSP - 50,000 - 50,000 - 50,000
Wii - 25,000 - 23,000 - 24,000
PS3 - 36,000 - 39,000 - 38,000
360 - 6,000 - 6,000 - 6,000

I hate to say that the numbers really aren't different in this case (even between MC and Fam), but are we to say that MC copies Fam's number's because they are so similar and MC brings out their numbers after Fam does?

I really don't understand why you are here. If you are here to discuss games and sales, many of us are going to use VGC numbers, since they are easily available, have proven to be close enough to actual numbers (financial statements), and this is VGC... Not that I really mind comparing numbers, but I think it's pointless to say that ioi needs to raise his numbers... since there are plently of times when a console (not just the PS3) is lower or higher than others numbers. MC and Fem don't agree all the time, I don't see why VGC should agree with either one of them all the time either.

@BKK2 - Uh, you don't make any sense... since obviously VGC numbers don't match Fam's numbers, which are available right now. Hence this whole pointless discussion that I am done with. If you don't like VGC's numbers...

Stever89 said:
johnsobas said:
why should i believe that vgchartz can do the numbers without famitsu and MC? The only times they have ever released before famitsu and MC the numbers were brutal on all accounts and all adjusted after famitsu and MC come out. Numbers are often adjusted anyway, if vgchartz has so many sources they would stick by their sources not adjust when famitsu says differently. I dare vgchartz to release their numbers before famitsu. I'm not trying to debunk vgchartz, they just need to stop claiming they can do something they cannot. NA numbers have a good track record, EU numbers have also been pretty good, but Japanese numbers when not aided by other sources have not.

I would like to see NPD do that too. We all know they adjust (otherwise the Wii isn't sold out.. but let's not get into THAT), but we never see it.

Also, if they adjust to Famitsu or MediaCreate - why is there still a difference (sometimes)?

Last weeks numbers

I hate to say that the numbers really aren't different in this case (even between MC and Fam), but are we to say that MC copies Fam's number's because they are so similar and MC brings out their numbers after Fam does?

I really don't understand why you are here. If you are here to discuss games and sales, many of us are going to use VGC numbers, since they are easily available, have proven to be close enough to actual numbers (financial statements), and this is VGC... Not that I really mind comparing numbers, but I think it's pointless to say that ioi needs to raise his numbers... since there are plently of times when a console (not just the PS3) is lower or higher than others numbers. MC and Fem don't agree all the time, I don't see why VGC should agree with either one of them all the time either.

@BKK2 - Uh, you don't make any sense... since obviously VGC numbers don't match Fam's numbers, which are available right now. Hence this whole pointless discussion that I am done with. If you don't like VGC's numbers...

There is a problem with your example.... and that problem is.

PS3 got undertracked in JApan last week so it got extra sales last week ---- its at 38K now

so PS3's total last week was 197K not 192K

whats to say same won't happen this week...

Max King of the Wild, THAT wasn`t a prediction,

original signature was like:
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan with average weekly sales 40k.
PS3 will reach 5 mln. in Japan with average weekly sales 60k.

i had to cut one line, since it was considered too big by some mods.

kirby007, lolz, STOP BULLSHITTING people. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
kowenicki said:

So if media create numbers are like vgchartz numbers does ioi get an apology from all of the cry babies on here?

If it had been PS3 numbers higher than famitsu what would you have said then?

This site is not biased when it comes to its bread and butter... sales numbers... it has no reason to be biased and it would lose all credibility if it was proven to be biased.

Why would mediacrete be the say all source here? If mediacrete has GT5P higher than Ps3 then no. That would mean every single Ps3 sold would have to be bundled with GT5P (which i doubt) and then GT5P sold extra. I don't by that

You do know that this is a new version of GT5 prologue that came out at the end of October in Japan (it's more an update), GT5 Prologue Spec III. And though it is being bundled, it is alos a stand alone game as well and being new and all, could explain the fact that numbers jumped recently.

Elaine: I will never understand people

Jerry: They're the worst.

Stever89 said:
johnsobas said:

Last weeks numbers

ugh, yea the numbers this week don't match the famitsu numbers, they mostly match the leaked MC numbers.  I don't need your numbers to show me that vgchartz numbers are similar to famitsu and media create, they are because they wait at least until famitsu is released to release them, sometimes they wait until after media create and famitsu.  The point isnt' that the numbers are different, it is that you are telling me that vgchartz is basically that vgchartz can do what famitsu and mediacreate does and it can't. 

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Hmmm..... are the PS3 numbers supposed to be higher???

OT: Go PSP!!

4 ≈ One

CrazzyMan said:
Max King of the Wild, THAT wasn`t a prediction,

original signature was like:
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan with average weekly sales 40k.
PS3 will reach 5 mln. in Japan with average weekly sales 60k.

i had to cut one line, since it was considered too big by some mods.

kirby007, lolz, STOP BULLSHITTING people. =)

ps3 25 million?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

@ Stever

VGC Japan numbers are fine on here, I really don't care if they use Media Create or Famitsu, both are very close to each other in the long run, if occasional weeks have a major difference it evens out over time, and they get adjusted here when more data comes in anyway.

FYI supposedly leaked Media Create numbers were available before the leaked Famitsu numbers this week.