By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

either way last weeks media create numbers for the ps3 were over 40k and VGchartz used something even lower than famitsu 36k.

Around the Network

Anyway, people, you ARGUING about 10k, when PS3 will sell 400-500K during Christmas in Japan.
What the point?

Next week we will see the sales trend.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

why should i believe that vgchartz can do the numbers without famitsu and MC? The only times they have ever released before famitsu and MC the numbers were brutal on all accounts and all adjusted after famitsu and MC come out. Numbers are often adjusted anyway, if vgchartz has so many sources they would stick by their sources not adjust when famitsu says differently. I dare vgchartz to release their numbers before famitsu. I'm not trying to debunk vgchartz, they just need to stop claiming they can do something they cannot. NA numbers have a good track record, EU numbers have also been pretty good, but Japanese numbers when not aided by other sources have not.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Stever89 said:
johnsobas said:
Stever89 said:
johnsobas said:
well yea if it turns out to be different the numbers better be changed. If vgchartz was going to base their numbers on media create numbers they should have waited until thursday but maybe they know something we don't.

Except that... VGC doesn't base their numbers off MediaCreate or Famitsu. Here's a hint - VGC bases their numbers off of their sales data they get...

Seriously, am I the only one that realizes that this happens ALL the time? Jeez if it's such a big deal I'll go back and find all the weeks that VGC had the PS3 higher than Famitsu - and demand that they be lowered!

Famitsu doesn't always agree with MediaCreate, and VGC doesn't always agree with them, and normally there's one that doesn't agree with the other two. Why is this week such a big deal?

if you don't think they base their numbers off of famitsu and media create you are in denial.  They are always almost the same and are almost always released after famitsu sometimes after MC, and maybe you don't remember the 2 weeks when vgchartz released numbers before famitsu and mediacreate (it was due to a holiday MC and famitsu were delayed a week) but it wasn't pretty either time.  The Japanese preliminary reports are not very accurate either.  I love vgchartz go on here all the time but this is the truth, what I have seen so far.

I'm not sure where VGC had it - but if they were to "base" it off of one or the other - which one should they pick? Just average it out? In in this case (and in most cases) VGC gets their numbers out before MediaCreate - and in this case it seems MC will agree with VGC numbers.

Hint: Whichever tracker data is available from first

CrazzyMan said:
Anyway, people, you ARGUING about 10k, when PS3 will sell 400-500K during Christmas in Japan.
What the point?

well see most of your predictions are bad, so i wouldn't count on it if i were you

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

I am happy MOST aren't jumping on the "bash the site" bandwagon, insulting the runners' professionalism by claiming that some bias is the cause in the discrepancy in sales numbers.

MOST...

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X
kirby007 said:
CrazzyMan said:
What the point?

well see most of your predictions are bad, so i wouldn't count on it if i were you

but yet... for some reason... you like to say hes the voice of sony fans when his perdictions fall short...

kirby007 said:
CrazzyMan said:
What the point?

which ones?

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

CrazzyMan said:
kirby007 said:
CrazzyMan said:
What the point?

which ones?

PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2008 with average weekly sales 40k.

CrazzyMan said:
kirby007 said:
CrazzyMan said:
What the point?

which ones?

all of em

if that should harsh just take a look on the ones in your sig

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.