By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Oh and Kirby, stop it.

You know... just stop it

Around the Network
Stever89 said:
johnsobas said:
well yea if it turns out to be different the numbers better be changed. If vgchartz was going to base their numbers on media create numbers they should have waited until thursday but maybe they know something we don't.

Except that... VGC doesn't base their numbers off MediaCreate or Famitsu. Here's a hint - VGC bases their numbers off of their sales data they get...

Seriously, am I the only one that realizes that this happens ALL the time? Jeez if it's such a big deal I'll go back and find all the weeks that VGC had the PS3 higher than Famitsu - and demand that they be lowered!

Famitsu doesn't always agree with MediaCreate, and VGC doesn't always agree with them, and normally there's one that doesn't agree with the other two. Why is this week such a big deal?

if you don't think they base their numbers off of famitsu and media create you are in denial.  They are always almost the same and are almost always released after famitsu sometimes after MC, and maybe you don't remember the 2 weeks when vgchartz released numbers before famitsu and mediacreate (it was due to a holiday MC and famitsu were delayed a week) but it wasn't pretty either time.  The Japanese preliminary reports are not very accurate either.  I love vgchartz go on here all the time but this is the truth, what I have seen so far.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Louie said:
Oh and Kirby, stop it.

You know... just stop it

WHAT? me?? lol

im not the one who talks bad about the vgc numbers

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

i see last weeks numbers were adjusted so they are about the same as media create last week (higher than famitsu, lower than dengeki).

PS3 software > Wii software and PS3 software sure isn't great and the console had no big release this week...
So Wii software sales are really abyssmals...
Wii music out of the top 10 !!!!!!!

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
Louie said:
Oh and Kirby, stop it.

You know... just stop it

WHAT? me?? lol

lol you are not the only one I know but you shouldn´t argue the way you did

Why can´t you guys just... you know, love each other or something? ...Oh, right. Different consoles. *cough*

@Johnsobas: VGChartz does get Japan data, Ioi compares the data sets, though.

Edit: For your interest, the data in the prelim data report is only based on software(!) numbers. If I remember correctly TheSource tries to estimate hardware sales looking at the software numbers, that´s all.

there is more evidence here, last week they released the numbers after famitsu and they were similar to famitsu, then MC and dengeki had ps3 quite a bit higher, then it gets adjusted.

Louie said:
kirby007 said:
Louie said:
Oh and Kirby, stop it.

You know... just stop it

WHAT? me?? lol

Why can´t you guys just... you know, love each other or something? ...Oh, right. Different consoles. *cough*

Yeah i though ioi used too get the japanese data early ( before the famitsu and MC data were in )

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Louie said:
kirby007 said:
Louie said:
Oh and Kirby, stop it.

You know... just stop it

WHAT? me?? lol

I know he gets some Japanese data but ioi has said himself it is 1 retailer, and it hasn't had a good track record.

johnsobas said:
Stever89 said:
johnsobas said:
well yea if it turns out to be different the numbers better be changed. If vgchartz was going to base their numbers on media create numbers they should have waited until thursday but maybe they know something we don't.

Except that... VGC doesn't base their numbers off MediaCreate or Famitsu. Here's a hint - VGC bases their numbers off of their sales data they get...

Seriously, am I the only one that realizes that this happens ALL the time? Jeez if it's such a big deal I'll go back and find all the weeks that VGC had the PS3 higher than Famitsu - and demand that they be lowered!

Famitsu doesn't always agree with MediaCreate, and VGC doesn't always agree with them, and normally there's one that doesn't agree with the other two. Why is this week such a big deal?

if you don't think they base their numbers off of famitsu and media create you are in denial.  They are always almost the same and are almost always released after famitsu sometimes after MC, and maybe you don't remember the 2 weeks when vgchartz released numbers before famitsu and mediacreate (it was due to a holiday MC and famitsu were delayed a week) but it wasn't pretty either time.  The Japanese preliminary reports are not very accurate either.  I love vgchartz go on here all the time but this is the truth, what I have seen so far.

Wait... when you say "all basically the same," are you suggesting that the numbers should be way off from each other...? I feel like they should be agree to a point, even though Fam, MC and VGC don't always agree with each other anyway (as in this case, since Fam has the PS3 at 26k, but it seems VGC and MC will have it at 18k).

The prelim data is based off of one source as far as I know... so obviously it's not very accurate. That's like asking one person their stance on something, and assume the whole country feels the same - it's not very scaleable. The prelim's simply take the data they get (from that one source) and see how their data from previous weeks compared to the actual data, and then use similar comparisons for the current week. It's really more of a guess. It's also not the "official" numbers. The actual numbers are not based on the prelim numbers. I've never really understood the need for prelim numbers... I guess it's to give people something to discuss while we wait for the actual numbers...

"They are always almost the same and are almost always released after famitsu sometimes after MC, and maybe you don't remember the 2 weeks when vgchartz released numbers before famitsu and mediacreate (it was due to a holiday MC and famitsu were delayed a week) but it wasn't pretty either time."

Again... MediaCreate and Famitsu differ by large amounts many times as well. I recall once one had the 360 twice what the other had (though I can't recall the actual week and which one had the the 360 higher). One had it at something like 2500 and the other one had it at 5000 - quite a difference. I'm not sure where VGC had it - but if they were to "base" it off of one or the other - which one should they pick? Just average it out? In in this case (and in most cases) VGC gets their numbers out before MediaCreate - and in this case it seems MC will agree with VGC numbers.

Also... if VGC does base their numbers on Fam or MC... then why the PS3 difference? Not really "basically the same" by the looks of it. I could go back and look at past weeks to show the differencs the MC, Fam, and VGC sometimes have in any given week, but I don't really have the time.