By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So...being realistic...XBOX360 made Ps3 flop this year

haxxiy said:
PS3 will never surpass X360 software-wise. Not even with a 10 million consoles sold lead, period.

You do realize that a few multiplat games have done better on ps3 right. If you mean software totals. A year headstart alone would almost guarantee that.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network
Pristine20 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Pristine20 said:
BengaBenga said:
Pristine20 said:

I don't think 360 owners necessarily buy shitloads of software. Halo sold millions on the unpopular xbox as well. I think the problem with ps3 selling software is the highly varied nature of its userbase relative to the other consoles. This is why it's hard to get multi-million dollar sales with any single game on ps3. I explain in the OP of this thread:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=47472

Well, 360 does sell enormous amounts across the board, something both Wii and PS3 can't say.

Some million sellers: Halo, GTA 4, CoD4, Forza, Gears, Assassins Creed, GH3, Oblivion,  Mass Effect, Fable, Saints Row, Fight Night, Dead Rising, Pro Evo, etc, etc, etc.

Pretty varied imo. Sure, a lot of shooters but certainly not exclusively. There are some games that underperformed on 360, but not a whole lot.

Many of those other games became "million sellers" after their prices dropped. There are not that many games on the ps3 that don't cost $60. Even Eternal sonata thats older than my grandma released at $60. Notice I also said heavily "westernized games" not just shooters. This would include western RPGs like Fable and Mass Effect and heavily western infuenced games like GTA.

PS always stood above the rest due to it's JP support but it almost semms like the whole JP gaming industry fell  right along with sony.

The JP support went Nintendo.

So what are the big games the Japanese have released on wii? I don't pay much attention to the wii but I can't think of any except MH3 which hasn't been released.

Yeah, the HD consoles war is leaving Wii owners left out of the war (yet again, just like the Gamecube). I guess it doesn't matter what Nintendo does, they are always left out of the war.

Pristine20 said:
haxxiy said:
PS3 will never surpass X360 software-wise. Not even with a 10 million consoles sold lead, period.

You do realize that a few multiplat games have done better on ps3 right. If you mean software totals. A year headstart alone would almost guarantee that.

Actually, since alot of PS3 owners like the use the equal sales based on years. Well...when the 360 was at 16 M consoles, they still pushed more sales units. It has everything to do with active user base.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Pristine20 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Pristine20 said:
BengaBenga said:
Pristine20 said:

I don't think 360 owners necessarily buy shitloads of software. Halo sold millions on the unpopular xbox as well. I think the problem with ps3 selling software is the highly varied nature of its userbase relative to the other consoles. This is why it's hard to get multi-million dollar sales with any single game on ps3. I explain in the OP of this thread:

Well, 360 does sell enormous amounts across the board, something both Wii and PS3 can't say.

Some million sellers: Halo, GTA 4, CoD4, Forza, Gears, Assassins Creed, GH3, Oblivion,  Mass Effect, Fable, Saints Row, Fight Night, Dead Rising, Pro Evo, etc, etc, etc.

Pretty varied imo. Sure, a lot of shooters but certainly not exclusively. There are some games that underperformed on 360, but not a whole lot.

Many of those other games became "million sellers" after their prices dropped. There are not that many games on the ps3 that don't cost $60. Even Eternal sonata thats older than my grandma released at $60. Notice I also said heavily "westernized games" not just shooters. This would include western RPGs like Fable and Mass Effect and heavily western infuenced games like GTA.

PS always stood above the rest due to it's JP support but it almost semms like the whole JP gaming industry fell  right along with sony.

The JP support went Nintendo.

So what are the big games the Japanese have released on wii? I don't pay much attention to the wii but I can't think of any except MH3 which hasn't been released.

Yeah, the HD consoles war is leaving Wii owners left out of the war (yet again, just like the Gamecube). I guess it doesn't matter what Nintendo does, they are always left out of the war.

Nintendo chose a different path this gen which has made them billions but surely, there must be side effects however minor they may be.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Pristine20 said:
haxxiy said:

Actually, since alot of PS3 owners like the use the equal sales based on years. Well...when the 360 was at 16 M consoles, they still pushed more sales units. It has everything to do with active user base.

This is why I think the ps3 doesn't seem to sell as much software. Check out the OP of this thread:

Around the Network

Microsoft has done well to make the 360 looks like a console with a better library than PS3 and if it wasn't from the Playstation brand name, we would have another Saturn this generation.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Pristine20 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Pristine20 said:
haxxiy said:

This is why I think the ps3 doesn't seem to sell as much software. Check out the OP of this thread:

Well the one game that sells amazing for Sony is the Gran Turismo series. I believe that game alone carries the racing car genre on its back. I agree with most of what you said though. The JRPG's have been split between the 360 and the PS3 owners, so the 360 owners have no reason to buy a PS3 unless they want Versus and WKC. I was also saying that I would dare say that 1/3 of PS3 owners only bought it because the Blu Ray was cheap.

Godot said:
Microsoft has done well to make the 360 looks like a console with a better library than PS3 and if it wasn't from the Playstation brand name, we would have another Saturn this generation.

Based on price yes, but Sega has always had solid 1st party games. The PS3 reminds me of the original Xbox. I see your point however.

Pristine20 said:
Kreshi said:
whats up guys, why do you care about sony so much. sony is screwed. they are offering you a worse console than microsoft for twice the price and you still buy this crap cause of the ps2 era... pff stupidity has no end.

So you joined just to insult other peoples' intelligence. My prediction: you won't last long on this site

too bad i joined a year ago and i have visited this site since the beginning of the "war".

a true gamer who plays games and not brand names will always buy a 360 over a ps3.

thats also why 360 owners buy more games. most ps3 owners are like "look, i bought a SOOONNYY PLAYSTATION 33333!!!!! Its huge, black and its a SOONNNY PLAYSTATION 333!!!" thats it

Kreshi said:
Pristine20 said:
Kreshi said:
whats up guys, why do you care about sony so much. sony is screwed. they are offering you a worse console than microsoft for twice the price and you still buy this crap cause of the ps2 era... pff stupidity has no end.

So you joined just to insult other peoples' intelligence. My prediction: you won't last long on this site

too bad i joined a year ago and i have visited this site since the beginning of the "war".

a true gamer who plays games and not brand names will always buy a 360 over a ps3.

thats also why 360 owners buy more games. most ps3 owners are like "look, i bought a SOOONNYY PLAYSTATION 33333!!!!! Its huge, black and its a SOONNNY PLAYSTATION 333!!!" thats it

Don't overdue the insults. This is your warning. Try to keep it civil. That last sentence is not necessary.