By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Resistance 2 sells 304K in NA week 1 --- Good or Bad??

@Kirby

no not really

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

It's the third best selling game first week for PS3. no? Other than MGS4 and GTAIV.

I am happy with that number, sure, it didn't blow anything out of water like Gears did. but It's a solid solid game, at least people who bought it will be very happy with their purchase.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

What is the matter with you people? So it didnt sell 1 million in its first 4 days, big deal! 300K is a good launch for any game.

The fact that there are so many other releases going on just makes it even more impressive. The game will continue to sell through the Holidays and will most likely be above 2 million by January.

And why do you keep comparing bundled games to just normal releases? Motorstorm and Resistance owe most of their success to being bundled! Why can't you get that through your heads?

That's not to say R2 and M2 aren't great games, I'm sure they are and I plan to buy both, but thinking they'd do enormously better than their predecessors (who were bundled) in sales is just flat out stupid.

@username

please STOP with the bundled crap

Resistance was HARDLY bundled

Motorstorm was BUNDLED but sold 2.5 MILLION EASILY without bundles....unless you are telling me Motorstorm has MORE THAN 1 Million bundles...

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I am stunned by these numbers, i know they are ok, but seriously those were the big games we talked about all year. I really don't know what to think.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
@username

Motorstorm was BUNDLED but sold 2.5 MILLION EASILY without bundles....unless you are telling me Motorstorm has MORE THAN 1 Million bundles...

Motorstorm was bundled quite extensively if I remember correctly, and to a lesser extent so was Resistance. At the very least, I would say it's being disingenuous to say it was hardly bundled. Back when the PS3 was $600, retailers and later Sony themselves were bundling to try and add value.

Its a good start.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

psrock said:
I am stunned by these numbers, i know they are ok, but seriously those were the big games we talked about all year. I really don't know what to think.

Im with psrock on this one, I thought R2 would at least do 6 hundred plus in NA. No offense, but Sony can't be happy with this.

darthdevidem01 said:
@username

A game which "sells" 2.5 Million does a lot better than Motorstorm 2 in the first week.

Tease.

It's a good start, probably a little under expectations, but still a good number.