By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is it to late for Nintendo to win back the core gamer

This is bullshit, Why do you think this generation is the 1st gen where " 2 console gamers" is a common expectation, even refered to by professional game journalists (who clearly work on behalf of the HD kids). They won hardcores and casuals and everyone else.

The question is what percentage of market in terms of genre and audience will the Wii have in the next few years, i guess more than we all think or guess there would be.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

They can try next Gen. Don't see it working out well right now... but who knows...

4 ≈ One

Here's something that I think shows that Nintendo still cares about their traditional gamers. This is a short list of releases of Nintendo "core" games released since launch-

Nov/Dec 06 - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Dec 06/Jan 07 - WarioWare Smooth Moves
Apr/Sept 07 - Super Paper Mario
May/June/July 07 - Mario Party 8
May/July/Sept 07 - Mario Strikers Charged
Aug/Oct 07/Mar 08 - Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Nov 07 - Super Mario Galaxy
Jan/Mar/June 06 - Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Apr 08 - Mario Kart WiiJuly/Sept 08 - Wario Land: Shake It
Nov 08 Animal Crossing: City Folk

And there are few others too that I didn't get info for. This show that usually every few months, there is a traditional game coming out from Nintendo. I don't knowwhy people keep saying that Nintendo doesn't care about the core gamers.

I'll come up with something better eventually...

GH WT Wii, and no its not casual, is no.1 out of all versions. Its almost beating xbox total.

What else, Tiger 09 was the latest, how about Batman, Indy lego, SW lego, etc.

The numbers on LBP and SMG indicate one of these genres is seemingly is locked up for this gen on Wii.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Its never too late...with Wii 2.

Around the Network

Did they ever loose me? I have not noticed.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Does it matter?

Those few who have left Nintendo are irrelevant, the masses are with them

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Dgc1808 said:
They can try next Gen. Don't see it working out well right now... but who knows...

Oh yes, its really not working out right now for Nintendo, biggest software sales, fastest console sales, profits in the billions.

Dark times for Nintendo, dark times.

Yeah, Dinomax! Making money sucks!

I'll come up with something better eventually...

First of, they didn't lose core gamers, the lose fanboys which is different.

Second, this kind of threads are getting boring, predictable and pathetic. Just becaus eyou don't see a Mario or zelda every year doesn't mean that Nintendo...you know what? Think what you want. I am really tired of those same old FALSE arguments.