By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - "LBP Will be HUGE"...

Way to spin that. LBP is not huge and never was supposed to be. LBP is a great game with pretty good sales.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Around the Network
Hyruken said:
Sorry but again i dont buy it.

With the amount of millions Sony spent on advertising this game, the amount of publicity it has on tv, the amount of good positive reviews and word of mouth and so on to sell 600k from 16m consoles is not "huge". It is good but not as good as you try and make it out to be. The numbers will decrease now so for it to get to 1m by the end of the year i will think would be its target. "Huge" is something selling like 3.5m in a week etc..

In terms of the game world and previous numbers LBP should of sold much much more with the level of support it had.
So from now on any game that has sold 500k-600k in 1 week worldwide = huge?....

I reccomend you read Zucas' post. Also LBP already probablly made profit. Also how many other games debut with similiar numbers? Hardly any. You are just trying to downplay these numbers because of other HUGER titles like MGS4 or Geow2

"Huge" is something selling like 3.5m in a week etc..

That's eliminating practically every game, no?

twesterm said:

L4D will be huge-er :P

Well it's still certainly huge in comparison to what you were predicting it would sell way back in January.

twesterm said: Also, I don't think the game will actually bomb like say Zack and Wiki did.  It will probably sell something in the area of 600k copies and eventually develop into a small ittle niche community.  Sadly with the advertising and time spent on this game, 600k copies won't make them any money.

Also from the same thread speaking of LittleBigPlanet:

Garcian Smith said: Anyway, I'm estimating under 100k first week worldwide, and maybe 500k lifetime.

How wrong can you be...?

@hryuken

so Wii SPorts, Wii Fit, Pokemon R,B,G,Y,S....., Halo 2, GTA 3 and so on aren't huge

LBP will become huge by legs.

@PSRock

DMeisterJ isn't an attention whore.....HE started it.....HE is clarifying what it meant....HE is making some sense.....

people still want to believe otherwise go ahead....but all I know is 670K Week 1 sales is 3rd Best in PS3 Week 1 list....now that is impressive

@Twetsterm

WOW you actually predicted LBP would do 600K LTD?? LOL!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

@darth

You don't know DmeisterJ at all, do you?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
darthdevidem01 said:

@hryuken

so Wii SPorts, Wii Fit, Pokemon R,B,G,Y,S....., Halo 2, GTA 3 and so on aren't huge

LBP will become huge by legs.

@PSRock

DMeisterJ isn't an attention whore.....HE started it.....HE is clarifying what it meant....HE is making some sense.....

people still want to believe otherwise go ahead....but all I know is 670K Week 1 sales is 3rd Best in PS3 Week 1 list....now that is impressive

@Twetsterm

WOW you actually predicted LBP would do 600K LTD?? LOL!

Does that surprise you that someone perdicted low sales and no one focused on them only the high ones after my thread?

The truth is people predicted huge sales and low sales. And those with common sense predicted good sales.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Dallinor said:
twesterm said:

L4D will be huge-er :P

Well it's still certainly huge in comparison to what you were predicting it would sell way back in January.

twesterm said: Also, I don't think the game will actually bomb like say Zack and Wiki did.  It will probably sell something in the area of 600k copies and eventually develop into a small ittle niche community.  Sadly with the advertising and time spent on this game, 600k copies won't make them any money.

Also from the same thread speaking of LittleBigPlanet:

Garcian Smith said: Anyway, I'm estimating under 100k first week worldwide, and maybe 500k lifetime.

How wrong can you be...?

Man, how bored were you to go back to one of my posts all the back from January?

Also, awesome that I was about right I guess.

@twesterm

no you were wrong.....you said 600K LTD because of the last sentence saying "oh it won't make the money"

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey