By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - "LBP Will be HUGE"...

Can we just stop talking about LBP sales for a while?

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
@twesterm

no you were wrong.....you said 600K LTD because of the last sentence saying "oh it won't make the money"

Ah, meh, I'm bad at the whole sales thing anyways.  Though I will say this-- I probably actually meant for 2008 (or shortly after it came out or Christmas).  I'd still be willing to bet it won't break a million this year and that means it still probably won't make money.

-edit-

I also still stand by it's going to turn into a small niche community.  I imagine most people will forget about this around the beginning of 2009 and move onto something else except for the small amount of hardcore owners.  It will be something close to the Unreal community.

Ah, meh, I'm bad at the whole sales thing anyways. Though I will say this-- I probably actually meant for 2008 (or shortly after it came out or Christmas). I'd still be willing to bet it won't break a million this year and that means it still probably won't make money.

Seems a rather risky bet, especially with LBP bundles only coming out now over here (only speaking for my country, not for the entire continent of Europe).

@twesterm

wanna make a bet?

LBP will sell 1.5 Million by the end of this year

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

yawn................

1 million range = Insane
500k range = huge
100k range = good
(WW week 1)
next game gets hyped just need to break 100k range to live up to expectations.
see the trend???
LBP did good as a new IP game, but did it meet expectations with the amount of hype, positive review and advertisement it recieved? the answer is no.

Around the Network
Zucas said:
Max King of the Wild said:
Zucas said:
LBP was huge... I don't see how 500k in one week isn't huge. Since when is selling half a million in a week not good. Remember the majority of games out there sell less than 200k in their lifetime so being able to do 500,000 in one week is pretty damn good.

Of course you can compare it to games that do over a million in their first week and it doesn't look as huge, but I find that silly.

I think any game that is able to outsell the majority of it's games in the first week is a pretty huge title... and I'm sure the developers feel the same way.

When I first lurked here... I didn't like you... at all actually. But now I just see that you aren't foolish like most people.

How could you not like me... I'm so awesome.

Maybe it was the haha's.......but they seem to be lacking lately......

darthdevidem01 said:
@twesterm

wanna make a bet?

Sure, never done one of these before so why not.

twesterm said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@twesterm

wanna make a bet?

Sure, never done one of these before so why not.

you will lose this bet.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

@twesterm

so conditions?

Just write in sig there is a bet n then whoever wins need to say they WON in their sig n the looser needs to say they LOST.

so the Bet is you loose if LBP crosses 1.25 Million....I loose if LBP doesn't cross 1.25 Million

{1.25 million comes right in between our predictions of 1 million n 1.5 million}

is it ok?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

No, we can keep it at 1.5. I only like to bet on sure things.

Other than that, the everything seems fine.  We can even fiddle with each others avatars if you'd like.  how long do the losers keep whatever in their sig?