By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - "LBP Will be HUGE"...

LBP was huge... I don't see how 500k in one week isn't huge. Since when is selling half a million in a week not good. Remember the majority of games out there sell less than 200k in their lifetime so being able to do 500,000 in one week is pretty damn good.

Of course you can compare it to games that do over a million in their first week and it doesn't look as huge, but I find that silly.

I think any game that is able to outsell the majority of it's games in the first week is a pretty huge title... and I'm sure the developers feel the same way.

Around the Network
BMaker11 said:
So....it was YOUR fault!

lol

I have a feeling this thread is less about LBP and more about Dmeister, attention whore extraordinaire.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

DMJ is this suppose to be a joke thread to make people laugh? if it is then you fail miserably and also i agree with what psrock just said

Zucas said:
LBP was huge... I don't see how 500k in one week isn't huge. Since when is selling half a million in a week not good. Remember the majority of games out there sell less than 200k in their lifetime so being able to do 500,000 in one week is pretty damn good.

Of course you can compare it to games that do over a million in their first week and it doesn't look as huge, but I find that silly.

I think any game that is able to outsell the majority of it's games in the first week is a pretty huge title... and I'm sure the developers feel the same way.

When I first lurked here... I didn't like you... at all actually. But now I just see that you aren't foolish like most people.

Cool i didnt think it would sell much at all intill i saw the first reviews then i was very surprised. The sky is what it could reach now i thought. I didnt no what to expect.

600k in what 2 weeks is awesome and its very safe to say theey made a profit off this game. Go MM and Go Sony for funding it!.

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
Zucas said:

When I first lurked here... I didn't like you... at all actually. But now I just see that you aren't foolish like most people.

How could you not like me... I'm so awesome.

Lbp did good. i got around 10 friends who dont want to play it because it looks stupid. fuck them go play gta4 THAT is a dissapointment.

holidays are also not in.

and check de HW sales.. x360 could not even beat the ps3 by like 50k. even with the great gears2.
stil! lbp DID! made a impact on ps3 sales...

X360's AAA games are done this year.
and in EU resistance2 comes out 28 nov...

soo you know who is leading holidays

RolStoppable said:

I am not going to read all that, but I think it would have been cooler if you ended your post with "It makes perfect sense".

@Zucas: You think you are all that, but you are not.

No I think I'm Zucas, not all that or not.  Sorry for the mixup.

I LOVE IT . it exceeded my expectactions :)

it's huge.

Sorry but again i dont buy it.

With the amount of millions Sony spent on advertising this game, the amount of publicity it has on tv, the amount of good positive reviews and word of mouth and so on to sell 600k from 16m consoles is not "huge". It is good but not as good as you try and make it out to be. The numbers will decrease now so for it to get to 1m by the end of the year i will think would be its target. "Huge" is something selling like 3.5m in a week etc..

In terms of the game world and previous numbers LBP should of sold much much more with the level of support it had.
So from now on any game that has sold 500k-600k in 1 week worldwide = huge?....