By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - If SONY don't drop price in EU....its lost for them!

Yes I believe this now....Xbox 360 has been OVER 100K since 27th September 2008

take a look at the graph below.

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=Total+Other&cons2=PS3&reg2=Total+Other&cons3=X360&reg3=Total+Other&start=39390&end=39754

It clearly indicates xbox 360 has raised its sales bar MUCH higher than PS3's now.

EU is the region that PS3 & SONY needs. It is where the PS3 STILL consts $600.....SONY should drop the price economy be damned unless over xmas it is WILLING to completely loose EU forever!

Over xmas everyone knows these gaps INCREASE....and with xbox 360 at SUCH a low price....PS3  at £299 won't be killed..... but it certainly won't outsell xbox 360....and xbox 360 will increase its lead vastly.

After we saw the CHANGE in Japan......is europe next?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

man, They are not going to drop the price.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

yea, you are correct. I think that sony should lower the price. imagine how the ps3's sales would increase with a more competitive price.

RolStoppable said:
Hey, wait a second. Aren't you one of the people who usually complained when there were "Sony is doomed" threads?

This is not a SONY is doomed thread

it is a thread offfering a realistic view on EU....

many of the SONY are doomed thread were made in the week Xbox 360 droped price

now looking at that graph in the OP its CLEAR xbox 360 HOLDS the lead for MANY MANY weeks.....

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

The console sales war between PS3 Vs X360 is a marathon not a sprint. We will see what happens in three years time.

Around the Network

Well that's interesting.

I don't think it's anything to panic over, though. Sony's corporate headquarters won't explode into a ball of nuclear fire if they don't outsell the 360 in Europe/other territories.

ps3 sales increased too and they are over 92k.

360 had a huge release Fable 2.

and ps3 had a boost with no games. LBP it's going on europe and will managed to get a similar boost like fable 2.

Man relax,the 360 will win by a slight margin after X-mas the gap will be something like 6.5 and then in march there will be a price drop for PS3 (killzone 2 release).
THAT will destroy 360,just wait and stop with this SONY IS DOOMED threads.

thanx to europe a lot of 3rd party games came to the ps3 lately , I agree they should not lose there but still a price cut is IMPOSSIBLE

The PS3 will be on the market at least 3 years longer then the 360 (with or without the so called 10 year plan). So its still way to early to call who will sell more consoles in Europe or World wide. Also once GT5 is out more people will buy PS3's plus you still have Uncharted 2, God of War 3 and numerous other exclusive and none exclusive titles. Plus once the 45nm PS3 are close to production Sony can afford another price cut.