By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - If SONY don't drop price in EU....its lost for them!

Smashed said:
insomniac17 said:
Smashed said:
insomniac17 said:
Yeah, I think that you should wait for LBP to start claiming doom and gloom for the PS3 in Europe.

Just because PS3 loses a few weeks in others, does not mean it's doomed.

I hope you weren't aiming that at me, because I never said that. I honestly don't think the PS3 is doing badly in Europe at all. I was just saying that since the 360 had Fable 2 this week, and the PS3 didn't have any games, he should wait to start saying its over.

Wasn't aiming that at you, just too these uproar of threads about the "PS3 doomed" don't worry.

Okay, thanks. ^_^

I definitely agree that these threads need to stop. Same with the 360 ones, both consoles are here to stay.

Around the Network

Its how life is man. You are getting quality software for the ps3...and sony is making profit (or I hope they are)

2 out of 3 isn't bad. When ps3 drops the price next year and it out sells the 360 2:1, people will be saying 360 is doomed again. It goes in circles...usually directly proportional with price drops.

If there is a price cut, Sony will become near bankrupt.

Chris Hu said:
The PS3 will be on the market at least 3 years longer then the 360 (with or without the so called 10 year plan). So its still way to early to call who will sell more consoles in Europe or World wide. Also once GT5 is out more people will buy PS3's plus you still have Uncharted 2, God of War 3 and numerous other exclusive and none exclusive titles. Plus once the 45nm PS3 are close to production Sony can afford another price cut.

Woo another clairvoyant! Next time you consult your crystal ball can you tell me next weeks lotto numbers???

if doomed means possibly selling at a similar rate as the 360 then i guess it might be doomed.

You saw Sony's financial statement, they're not ready for the price cut yet, but they can hang in there with the 360 without it.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network

Sony need a price cut as soon as possible, and i think this is obvious it affects sales everywhere and Europe was Sony's fortress in HD war. Price in current economical situation will play an important role during the holidays and Sony will suffer.

@Chris ,but 3 years after a release on Xbox3 it wont matter that Sony just outsold it in this generation.

hold your tongue, this thread is premature at best.
LBP comes out next week, dont you think people in Europe are aware of that fact?

I hat to see loyal fans loose their composure like this.

Darth, Fact of the matter is .... You're wrong.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

i am tired of these same pointless threads. Sony is not economically ready for a price cut. just get over it. there won't be a price cut. trust me the PS3 won't die in a black hole this Christmas. it is doing quite well in sales compared to 2 systems half it's price.

ultraslick said:
hold your tongue, this thread is premature at best.
LBP comes out next week, dont you think people in Europe are aware of that fact?

I hat to see loyal fans loose their composure like this.

Darth, Fact of the matter is .... You're wrong.

Go on record, what do you think LBP will do for PS3 sales?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

They should drop the Price if they want to outsell MS this Holiday.. But they wont because they dont want there profit margins to fall too much