By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Left 4 Dead shouldn't be discounted as a AAA shooter(achievement spoilers)

its a game by Valve. Valve's worst is still AAA. So L4D is going to be AAA.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
Acevil said:
HOW THE FUCK DO YOU KILL A TANK? I SWEAR IT IS IMPOSSIBLE! Yes I had to abuse caps.

chain gun + headshots = win

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Acevil said:
HOW THE FUCK DO YOU KILL A TANK? I SWEAR IT IS IMPOSSIBLE! Yes I had to abuse caps.

Yeah, it is frusterating... b ut think how much worse it will be in versus mode... where you get bombarded by a tank, 2 boomers, and a stalker (creeper, whatever the hell it's name is)

I hope it is balenced so that doesn't happen, cause you will be screwed.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Strategyking92 said:
Acevil said:

Yeah, it is frusterating... b ut think how much worse it will be in versus mode... where you get bombarded by a tank, 2 boomers, and a stalker (creeper, whatever the hell it's name is)

The tank gets randmly assigned and you can't just choose to spawn as him, it just randomly happens at some point of time and I think it only happens once. But don't hold me to that. The rest will most assuredly attack you all together at the same time, afer all it takes 2 hits at the most to kill them. I think this will be the ultimate MP. Overpowered with 1 life vs very very weak with endless lives.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Acevil said:

A big opportunity many groups miss is that when you get knocked to the ground by the tank and he is beating you into oblivion you need to be unloading your pistols into his forehead and not his arms. You can do a ton of damage to him like this.  But wait there is more to it then that....

Your teamates need to run up right next to the tank when he is beating on someone on the ground because the closer they are the more damage they do.  And again I point out, head shots are far superior to shooting him in the arm or chest.  Someone with a rifle onloading at point blank range on the head of a tank will do an absolute ton of damage.

While I'm on the subject of weapons if you don't have teir 2 weapons you might as well just bend over =P They can make all the difference in the world.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network
vlad321 said:
Strategyking92 said:
Acevil said:

The tank gets randmly assigned and you can't just choose to spawn as him, it just randomly happens at some point of time and I think it only happens once. But don't hold me to that. The rest will most assuredly attack you all together at the same time, afer all it takes 2 hits at the most to kill them. I think this will be the ultimate MP. Overpowered with 1 life vs very very weak with endless lives.

couldn't you save the tank until stalkers and boomers spawn though?

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Ach, bloody hell. Even this game beats my system specs by an inch, and I can't get an upgrade for at least a year. And just when I was actually starting to get interested in shooters again thanks to Fallout 3.

Oh well, better start sinking time into Torment instead.

Warning: The preceding message may or may not have included sarcasm, cynicism, irony, full stops, commas, slashes, words, letters, sentences, lines, quotes,  flaeed  gramar, cryptic metaphors or other means of annoying communication. Viewer discretion is/was strongly advised.

What are your specs? L4D is relatively light on required specs.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Intel Double Core (800 MHz x2 ), I Gig DDR3 RAM (800 MHz), Geforce 7200 Go.

It's barely below the minimum.

Warning: The preceding message may or may not have included sarcasm, cynicism, irony, full stops, commas, slashes, words, letters, sentences, lines, quotes,  flaeed  gramar, cryptic metaphors or other means of annoying communication. Viewer discretion is/was strongly advised.

It can be discounted as a AAA game if it receives sub 90 scores after it has twenty reviews at Game Rankings or be counted as a AAA game if it receives higher.

I played the demo. It was alright, but several of the buildings looked the same. Also one of my favorite game critics says that you should be able to see the feet and how characters properly stand on slopes in these games and L4D doesn't do these things any better than Half Life 2 which came out over 4 years ago.