By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Left 4 Dead shouldn't be discounted as a AAA shooter(achievement spoilers)

Online hosting is another reason to get this on PC, along with the open mod community.

I still haven't played through with the 360 pad, but my feeling is that it will be worse.

Not sure exactly what happened, but on a multiplayer run through the demo, it looked like one of my team was able to ambush a witch (attack from behind up close without alerting her).

She went down so easily (instant kill) that I thought it was a regular zombie, but after checking the body, it was (or using the same exact skin/model) indeed a witch.

Need more tactics for Tanks. You're supposed to be able to hide from their attacks by ducking into a tight space (too small for Tank). Didn't work too well.

Around the Network
greenmedic88 said:
Need more tactics for Tanks. You're supposed to be able to hide from their attacks by ducking into a tight space (too small for Tank). Didn't work too well.

Oddly enough, if you have a 360 gamepad you can play split screen on PC. 1 KB+M and 1 360 controller. I was playing with a friend earlier like this, but it takes a buttload of scripting to do it.

As far as tanks this is what I've learned so far:

1) The hunting rifle is actually insanely good vs tanks, especially headshots. This game really will screw you if everyone grabs for the same weapon. I've found 1 assault rifle, 1 hunting rifle, and 2 auto shotty to be the best mix up, but as long as each weapon is represented you can deal with any situation and I imagine more open maps would call for a different mix up of weapons.

2) If you get out of the tank's line of sight he'll go after someone else, just run behind a pillar or something. If everyone else is dead beware, he will just plow through that thing like it's toilet paper.

3) If he's got someone on the ground and is beating on them, shooting will not get it off the person, but if you run up and melee it in the back (think of it like tapping somone on the shoulder) it'll come after you. Good way to buy some time and make sure the guy getting pounded on doesn't die. Great for the hardest setting when you really need everyone and it's more a matter of juggling deaths than actually kicking ass.

As far as witches, I hear that if you activate your mic near a witch, much like light and shooting, it will set her off. I haven't tested this yet but it wouldn't surprise me given Valve's insane attention to detail.

But yeah, people are going to mod the ever loving hell out of this game on PC. Mappers, people tweaking the director, who knows what else? Thanks largely to the director this game is a modder's dream come true.

Tanks can't get into trains, just run in a train and shoot. I'm already thinking of making a campus map of my school for L4D. It will ROCK!

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

De85 said:

The inclusion of the zombie genocidest achievement is awesome.

I think this game just jumped ahead of Gears 2 on my purchase list.

I was planning on getting R2 a month ago, but from my time with each this is the better game.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

vlad321 said:
Tanks can't get into trains, just run in a train and shoot.

I don't think so. Twice now while playing on expert my whole team was inside the train, a tank got in and killed all of us. Once from the back of a train and once from the side.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network

They can get pretty much anywhere you can. Even small vents. They move really slowly and get kinda stuck, but they can move towards you.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

ameratsu said:
vlad321 said:
Tanks can't get into trains, just run in a train and shoot.

I don't think so. Twice now while playing on expert my whole team was inside the train, a tank got in and killed all of us. Once from the back of a train and once from the side.

Really?  Because that's how we've been passing through the tank part on Expert. He usually just walks around and stuff and then we shoot him while he goes around the train. I guess we never had him get close to the door yet.

Tanks do not move slowly, they move faster than i can run, but they do get stuck at times which is kinda nice.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

What gets you is when they throw rocks at you. I always figure I can sidestep the rocks, but even if you're moving you can get hit easily.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

anyone want to play this afternoon? my demo is almost done downloading

This is a guaranteed AAA game. Valve + shooter pretty much assured that.

It has been getting a lot less hype that other games, primarily because:
- It is a new IP, not a sequel.
- It is multi-platform.
- It comes out right after Gears2, Resistance 2, and CoD:WaW.

Despite that, it might just be the best shooter this fall.