By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Left 4 Dead shouldn't be discounted as a AAA shooter(achievement spoilers)

tried the demo, was very boring single player

i bet with 4 buddies it should be ok, the grafix have a pc feel to them like half life and comes complete with a very poor flash light effects.

very very overated imo

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

hmm, im still thinking about this game, i can get it for xmas but only if i dont get one of the other games i was gonna get

Skeeuk said:

i bet with 4 buddies it should be ok, the grafix have a pc feel to them like half life and comes complete with a very poor flash light effects.

very very overated imo

Way to miss the entire point of the game =P

What difficulty did you play on anyways?

To Each Man, Responsibility

just did up teh demo and it was a blast

Skeeuk said:

very very overated imo

Wow.  A) Don't play the game by yourself...it's a co-op multiplayer game...

B) Poor flashlight effects?  Where?  I know when looking at other players, they are simple light sources, but the shadows cast by your own flashlight are all dynamic and look really good compared to any other game right now.

Maybe your PC is just too old?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

^i did think teh flashlight was a bit off

i mean it was a really narrow cone and didn't provide much light

i mean if you awalk into a dark room with a flashlight sure you get the cone effect but you also have some spillage over and will light the the room some what, i noticed in a few spots all you could see was the cone, and the cone only

Sqrl said:
Skeeuk said:

very very overated imo

thats exactly what i mean, in other words with 4 players this might be a good game but single player was boring, it just seemed arcady to me, with the enemies just stalking towards u a few shots and there dead.

another frustrating thing is when them boomers explode and u cnt see anything, all u can do or hope to do is just keep finger on trigger u cant see anything. but the zombie rush they way they have done it looks impressive

i cnt rember the difficulty i think it was standard mode.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

BenKenobi88 said:
Skeeuk said:

very very overated imo

Wow.  A) Don't play the game by yourself...it's a co-op multiplayer game...

B) Poor flashlight effects?  Where?  I know when looking at other players, they are simple light sources, but the shadows cast by your own flashlight are all dynamic and look really good compared to any other game right now.

Maybe your PC is just too old?

the flash lihgt effect was very 1995 basic imo.

in a dark room all it did was create a cone shape light with no light even going out of that circle.

i didnt play it on pc i tried the 360 demo, controls were ok but had to much of a pc feel to them to work well with a controller. best way i can discribe that is.............when u walk forward ur char seems to overwalk

^obviously using a keypad and mouse layout it wont have that prob, but from demo i played grafix were very basic, although it ran smooth

mesoteto said:
^i did think teh flashlight was a bit off

i mean it was a really narrow cone and didn't provide much light

i mean if you awalk into a dark room with a flashlight sure you get the cone effect but you also have some spillage over and will light the the room some what, i noticed in a few spots all you could see was the cone, and the cone only

i know what u mean, in the apartment when going into dark corridors, all u can see is a light cone and nothing else and when a boomer explodes and u have a rush of zombies all u can do is keep finger on trigger and hope for a revive. scenes like that cnt be fun

as a multiplayer game which this is most gears towards its looking good, but for single player i dont think id bother getting past 1st few acts.

Skeeuk said:
Sqrl said:
Skeeuk said:

very very overated imo

thats exactly what i mean, in other words with 4 players this might be a good game but single player was boring, it just seemed arcady to me, with the enemies just stalking towards u a few shots and there dead.

another frustrating thing is when them boomers explode and u cnt see anything, all u can do or hope to do is just keep finger on trigger u cant see anything. but the zombie rush they way they have done it looks impressive

i cnt rember the difficulty i think it was standard mode.

Expert.  You need to play on expert, and play online. 

I played a game on normal difficulty before I played expert and there is no comparison to the intensity and sheer fun.

As for the boomer, don't let him vomit on you or explode near you.  Its part of the game to avoid that, when you make a mistake and let the zombies get the upper hand there has to be a consequence or the game would really be boring.  Also, part of the reason this is frustrating for you is because rather than relying on 3 other human teamates to help you, you were relying on 3 AI bots to keep you safe.  Its just not the same thing  =P

Pro Tip:  If you do get puked on (and you will occasionally no matter how good you are), find a corner and melee bash anything that comes near you =P  Just don't run too far from your group to get to the corner or you might get pwned by a hunter or smoker as well.

To Each Man, Responsibility