By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii is the fastest-selling console in HISTORY

It's OFFICIAL, Wii is the fastest-selling console in HISTORY

You can compare Wii to any console that has gone before it - NES, Genesis, SNES, N64, Playstation, Gameboy Advance, Playstation 2, Xbox, DS and none have sold as many consoles in their first 8 months. Wii continues to break records all over the world, held back by constant sell-outs, it makes you wonder just how many could have been sold by now...

Around the Network

The Wii's a monster, no doubt about it. I can't wait to see what games we start getting on this system with it doing so well, both in terms of quality and quantity.

"Whenever you find a man who says he doesn't believe in a real Right and Wrong, you will find the same man going back on this a moment later."   -C.S. Lewis

"We all make choices... but in the end, our choices... make us."   -Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Prediction: Wii passes 360 in US between July - September 2008. (Wii supply will be the issue to watch, and barring any freak incidents between now and then as well.) - 6/5/08; Wow, came true even earlier. Wii is a monster.

ps2 doesn't have numbers for others. I'm not sure if Wii is outselling PS2, I know it is very close.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

well actually PS2 was released in Japan far before being releaesd in the US so it's really only 1 region for a while.

yea i guess it is, but it is true that it didn't have simultaneous worldwide release. of those 13 months only 5 of them include NA data and only 4 with european data. Then it was still supply constrained, but all of that data doesnt' change the fact that the Wii is selling faster i guess.

Around the Network

PS2 never suffered the kind of shortages that Wii has

yeah....so there.

Cool : )

mM

Apparently, history is a fad.

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

Crap, it got on the frontpage...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )