By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MrBubbles takes on Mirrors Edge 360 Vs Mirrors Edge PS3 (Advantage Ps3)

SamuelRSmith said:
masterb8tr said:
And before people takes his opinion serious, this is the guy who predicted 16 million ps3 sold LTD after the holyday season......

I dunno, I've only played the PS3 version... and it is pretty damned jaggy.

Thanks, now I won't have to download the PS3 version to make my own comparison.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
This thread is nearly as good as "MrBubbles reviews Kingdom Hearts II".

personally i like this one better.   its not as good as my crackdown review though.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MrBubbles said:

MrBubbles conducted a side by side comparison of the 2 demos and has decided to share his findings. 

MrBubbles determined that both versions were equal in a number of ways.  Both versions loaded the same, both ran the same, and both were texturally equal. 

However the enhancements on the PS3 version were glaringly obvious.  It contained not only enhanced screen tearing, but enhanced jagginess as well.  It only barely edged out in the jagginess department (it was far closer than what i noticed in the Bioshock vs Bioshock).  But it completely blew its opponent out of the water with its screen tearing.  The difference was severe, to say the least.

MrBubbles doesnt personally like the game ...but if you you are interested in this game and own both systems.... If these enhancements dont appeal to you, you would do well to pick up the Xbox360 version of the game.

Eh, I didn't notice screen tearing at all. 

Exclusive DLC > Mr. Bubbles thinks there is screen tearing

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

GooseGaws said:
SamuelRSmith said:
masterb8tr said:
And before people takes his opinion serious, this is the guy who predicted 16 million ps3 sold LTD after the holyday season......

Glad I can save you ~900mb of bandwidth (if you're on a limit, that is).

SamuelRSmith said:
GooseGaws said:
SamuelRSmith said:
masterb8tr said:

Glad I can save you ~900mb of bandwidth (if you're on a limit, that is).

No limit, but the potential hassle of downloading a different version of the same demo just to play for a few seconds and think "okay, so it is quite jaggy" has been eliminated.  :)

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
MrBubbles said:

MrBubbles conducted a side by side comparison of the 2 demos and has decided to share his findings. 

MrBubbles determined that both versions were equal in a number of ways.  Both versions loaded the same, both ran the same, and both were texturally equal. 

However the enhancements on the PS3 version were glaringly obvious.  It contained not only enhanced screen tearing, but enhanced jagginess as well.  It only barely edged out in the jagginess department (it was far closer than what i noticed in the Bioshock vs Bioshock).  But it completely blew its opponent out of the water with its screen tearing.  The difference was severe, to say the least.

MrBubbles doesnt personally like the game ...but if you you are interested in this game and own both systems.... If these enhancements dont appeal to you, you would do well to pick up the Xbox360 version of the game.

Eh, I didn't notice screen tearing at all. 

Exclusive DLC > Mr. Bubbles thinks there is screen tearing

Yeah...the owner of the PS3 said he hadnt noticed it the first time through either.  I thought it a little odd since it seemed rather obvious to me(and him after i pointed it out).  I would just suggest playing through again. 

Oh, yes...i had completely forgotten about the timed exclusive downloadable box art.  wasnt some sony guy just saying the other day that there isnt any such thing as exclusive DLc even??

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MrBubbles should stop lying, even if he is mildly amusing.

The_God_of_War said:
MrBubbles should stop lying, even if he is mildly amusing.

i suggest playing through both demos yourself and apologizing for your slander.

funny my demo ran smoothly, il test the 360 version over the coming week.

either way i will never buy the 360 version as there is no point, my 360 is dedicated hd-dvd player now.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

What about the exclusive DLC (likely free)? Anyway give me a week and I will take a look

One of the first signs of madness = talking about yourself in the 3rd person