By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MrBubbles takes on Mirrors Edge 360 Vs Mirrors Edge PS3 (Advantage Ps3)

Username2324 said:
Munkeh111 said:
MrBubbles said:
Munkeh111 said:
So there may be a few screen tearing issues on the PS3, I can certainly live with that

had the issues been "few" i probably wouldnt have even posted.

I managed to play through only seeing a few

Like I said, the screen you're playing on and how it is setup can have a great effect, MrBubbles probably doesn't have his set up correctly.

I was playing on a crappy SDTV, so maybe there is less screen tearing on old CRT TVs?

Around the Network

Alright, so I just played the PS3 version. The jaggies did seem to be slightly more pronounced and I did see a few minor screen-tearing issues, where in the 360 version I saw none. Really though, the differences were fairly negligible. I will say this: I definitely prefer the 360 controller for this game.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Just played through the demo two more times. There was still no screen tearing at all, no matter what I did.

LIKE I SAID, IT IS MORE THE SCREEN YOU'RE PLAYING ON THAN THE GAME. That is why some may experience extreme screen tearing, and others none at all.

The most likely scenario is the game does in fact have close to no screen tearing on both consoles. And it is the setup you have more than anything that causes variations.

Well, for the record, I'm playing at 720p via HDMI cable.

Around the Network
MrBubbles said:
CDiablo said:
RolStoppable said:
This thread is nearly as good as "MrBubbles reviews Kingdom Hearts II".

Link Please, if possible

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=31243

Didn't remember posting in that thread until now. Anyways keep up the good work Mr. Bubbles! The Adam is that way!

wow... good trolll thread.

Jo21 said:
wow... good trolll thread.

wow... good troll post.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

The Screen tear on the PS3 version is evident but most of it is hidden in the overscan region of the TV anyway (top few lines of pixels). It does become more evident as things become more hectic. The actual noticeable screen tear is roughly double the Xbox 360 at 4% vs 2% of frames. The PS3 version also drops more frames as well so theres a slight frame rate advantage to go on top of the slight screen tear advantage and the AA advantage.

For me anyway since I hate screen tear/jagged edges I would have to get the 360 version *jagged edges really stand out in this type of game (Ultra bright white/clean/utopian etc)* unless theres so compelling reason not to such as awesome sixaxis support or something like that.

Tease.

Exclusive DLC? (probably free) I have yet to try SIXAXIS. I am only the one who is really annoyed by the R1/L1 buttons on Xbox, first of all, what kind of a name is right bumper? They also feel a little hard, and I just think the DS 3's shoulder buttons are better for this type of game