By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MrBubbles takes on Mirrors Edge 360 Vs Mirrors Edge PS3 (Advantage Ps3)

ha I didn't see that coming :P

I didn't notice any screen tearing when I played though

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Around the Network
MrBubbles said:
outlawauron said:
MrBubbles said:

MrBubbles conducted a side by side comparison of the 2 demos and has decided to share his findings. 

MrBubbles determined that both versions were equal in a number of ways.  Both versions loaded the same, both ran the same, and both were texturally equal. 

However the enhancements on the PS3 version were glaringly obvious.  It contained not only enhanced screen tearing, but enhanced jagginess as well.  It only barely edged out in the jagginess department (it was far closer than what i noticed in the Bioshock vs Bioshock).  But it completely blew its opponent out of the water with its screen tearing.  The difference was severe, to say the least.

MrBubbles doesnt personally like the game ...but if you you are interested in this game and own both systems.... If these enhancements dont appeal to you, you would do well to pick up the Xbox360 version of the game.

Eh, I didn't notice screen tearing at all. 

Exclusive DLC > Mr. Bubbles thinks there is screen tearing

Yeah...the owner of the PS3 said he hadnt noticed it the first time through either.  I thought it a little odd since it seemed rather obvious to me(and him after i pointed it out).  I would just suggest playing through again. 

Oh, yes...i had completely forgotten about the timed exclusive downloadable box art.  wasnt some sony guy just saying the other day that there isnt any such thing as exclusive DLc even??

Box art? The sony guy said that nothing is ever exclusive, but I would rather get it now when I care.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Munkeh111 said:
One of the first signs of madness = talking about yourself in the 3rd person

That i think i am a Big Daddy should have been your first clue

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

outlawauron said:

Box art? The sony guy said that nothing is ever exclusive, but I would rather get it now when I care.

My comment was a reference to a thread from a while ago about the DLC.  As far as i am aware though,  anything about exclusive DLC for this game has only been a rumour ...?

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

I can always solve this quite easily. I am one of the few people awesome enough to own both. I'll get both demos, and give an actual unbiased opinion.

Around the Network
naznatips said:
I can always solve this quite easily. I am one of the few people awesome enough to own both. I'll get both demos, and give an actual unbiased opinion.

Alls I knows is that the PS3 one really is quite jaggy. I dunno if this problem goes over to the 360 one, too.

SamuelRSmith said:
naznatips said:

Alls I knows is that the PS3 one really is quite jaggy. I dunno if this problem goes over to the 360 one, too.

I didn't notice any problems with jaggies on the 360, myself.  I don't feel like bothering with the PS3 demo, so I'll let others decide.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

In response to the screen tearing, are you sure it was not just your screen? I have not played the demo, but I do know that if I have my monitor set a certain way with with my PS3 there is extreme screen tearing, but if I adjust the settings on my monitor it all goes away.

Something to consider and might explain why some do not experience screen tearing.

MR bubbles just keep blowing bubbles and leave the game reviewing to the professionals.

Thanks but no Thanks.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

I'll give a more professional opinion on it later tonight. I doubt many people on the forums (pretty much anyone who isn't a PC gamer) are qualified to actually tell the difference between two such similar games. I'm often saddened by the complete lack of tech knowledge here. Some people even think Far Cry 2 runs well on their consoles.