By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - DSi Japan Launch

DSi long-awaited release of the Nintendo, look for discount stores in Tokyo? More than 400 people in Ikebukuro

BIC camera parade ● Ikebukuro headquarters said 400 people

Photos taken by the camera DSi can be processed and will DSi music players, such as sound and fun way to spread the latest model Nintendo DS, "Nintendo DSi". Nintendo is the DSi 2008, on November 1 to the long-awaited launch. Here, released in Tokyo on the day you look in discount stores.

Typically, to open at 10 am at the head office BIC camera Ikebukuro, 8:30 am at the stage, but already a parade of nearly 300 people. "Yesterday (2008 Oct. 31, 2005) as of 9:00 pm came from in order" and the procession was at the top of the men in line.  I buy the black, "the Nintendo DS and Nintendo DS Lite I have, and Nintendo DS Lite Nintendo to compare DSi buy. DSi interest to have a camera, this feature When used to play games, and I think some are. "

▲ Ikebukuro BIC camera to the top of the head office of the store, through the middle of the tail stretched to the park behind the store The number of about 400 people.

9:30 am, the procession of over 400 people and that rearmost Ikebukuro BIC camera on the back of the head to the park have been growing along the tracks. The stores in this situation, the procession from the top of the stairs and guided the store and reduce congestion.  And, as sales of Nintendo DSi early hours 9 am to 40 minutes after sales began. And try to observe the cashier, more black than white is selling some of the impression.  As well as the console, Nintendo DSi and accessories for use in 2008, launched on 1 November, the Nintendo DS software for the rhythm of life can walk DS (Nintendo), Valkyrie Profile - to咎of carrying - ( Square Enix), according to also look at the people who buy sight.

9:00 and 40 minutes after the start of sales of Nintendo DSi.  Checkout counter, a comprehensive counter on the first floor, a full rotation on the fourth floor toy department. 11 am calm before finally have Matrix.

Incidentally, according to BIC camera and public relations, sales were in line at the start of the round everyone seems to have in stock, with this evening I do not know whether she said.

▲ young men and women from the family, the elderly, such as Nintendo's DSi a very different buyers.

Meanwhile, Yodobashi Akiba in Akihabara, a large procession is expected to be sold or implemented only for the reservation, and not on the day of sale support. To counter that effect and to sign up to the release date of the subject, I do not think it was a calm and open. However, according to the department in charge at the moment they were released the next day in the over-the-counter sales of the book is not only prepared the next time the stock is not yet scheduled.

▲ Yodobashi Akiba.  Therefore, the major procession was observed.

▲ 9:30 am just before the scheduled opening of 30 people who made it to the column, but with no major disruption was on sale.

▲ ensure that relief is available from the cash register immediately with a view to the software once向KAWAZU DSi Nintendo see that they can buy.

▲ to the store for the launch of Nintendo DSi, DSi Dedicated to the corner of peripheral devices had been installed.

Akiba to the non Yodobashi's Akihabara was not a mass retailer. ASOBITTOGEMUSHITI, Akihabara, the main SOFUMAPPU aiming for a big parade, but before the opening of each purchase from more than 50 people who made the column. ASOBITTOGEMUSHITI at 9 a.m. the end of the distribution of tickets. Open was sold out and waiting. Akihabara is the main SOFUMAPPU White (White) and Black (black) and 30 units each, a total of 60 units a day for sales. Before the opening hour is the distribution of tickets, Black (black) sold out quickly. White (white) is also a significant shortage of supply situation.

▲ ASOBITTOGEMUSHITI sold out and waiting for the open.  By the way, before selling the same date the SOFUMAPPU Black (Black).

▲ SOFUMAPPU sales and reservations at the same time on the day of sale.  Yodobashi Akiba know that the only reservation, people were lined up to here.

Compared to Ikebukuro and Akihabara, was pretty quiet around the impression that the mass retailer, Yodobashi Akiba also contribute to the implementation of the reservation will be made. Yodobashi Akiba principle, so far, have not made reservations for sale, and the response is unusual. However, according to the department in charge of booking will continue to sell it to be determined and that the current situation, so beating hearts and minds of fans to the game that was a large procession will also look at the future.

Famitsu (copy and paste)

Around the Network

Sorry about the Google translation. Anyway, seems like a great launch. At least 200k were available for the launch weekend apparently

"200k were available for the launch weekend apparently"

dude that's huuuuge

Looks like a fairly decent launch. I'm very interested to see what kind of differentiation the hardware will produce with the software.

No pics of people lining up to buy a PS3 huh? >_>

Around the Network

Pretty good start... Im not expecting DSL launch, but still impressive :D

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

The DS Lite was released on the 2nd of March 2006, in Japan, wasn't it? According to VG Chartz it sold 124,533 units in that week. And 776,432 units in March 2006. Let's see if the DSi can beat that.

Seems to have a pretty good launch.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

good.

Go buy Metroid OTHER M!

Wii code: 6775-1034-2238-1634

PSN: birdie93      XBL: luthor93

3DS: 3909-7597-9889

You can add me, I won't stop you!

My website: www.fight4custom.com

hunter_alien said:
Pretty good start... Im not expecting DSL launch, but still impressive :D

DSLite had far more units available during launch. 550k total were produced for the Japanese launch window.

SW-5120-1900-6153