By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA IV : Rockstar rep says "complete experience" only on 360

What's going on here? How old are you? 12?

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 
Around the Network

Most gamers will not care about the extra gameplay, and most will not buy it. I heard its only 10 hours each which is pretty crap considering its going to be expensive to buy.

Dolla Dolla said:
leo-j said:
Wow. Why is rockstar doing this? Didnt sony give them the ability to make GTA one of the best selling franchises? Dam $$$ was brought into this. Also it could have something to do with the user base, and the ps3 is catching up.

Developing games on the PS3 is still in its infancy. The problem with this is ... the 360 is easier to develop for, so a lot of games are being developed on the 360 first. This is why all the trailers and gameplay shown so far for GTA4 have all been on 360 hardware. Rockstar isn't doing this on purpose, they want their game to sell as good as ever on both platforms.

But wasnt GTA4 being developed for the ps3 fisrt seeing as it was exclusive to the system at some time they were working on the ps3 version or am I wrong?

mM
PS3owner said:
Most gamers will not care about the extra gameplay, and most will not buy it. I heard its only 10 hours each which is pretty crap considering its going to be expensive to buy.

10 hours each??? Thats a pretty good expansion. A lot of games nowadays only last around 10 hours. I would not mind paying $20 to expand the game another 10.

ElRhodeo said:
What's going on here? How old are you? 12?

11 with a mental age of 5. His cat has to type out the msgs for him...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

Dude, $20 for 10 hours is fine with me.  Half Life 2: Episode 1 cost $20...and that was only like 5 hours of play.

$20 for half a tank of gas...$20 for a few trips to Subway...$20 for 10 hours of superb gaming...it seems fair to me.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

No special content for PS3 doesn't surprise me. Rockstar doesn't & shouldn't care. They have a nice deal going with MS --> money = good.

BTW, the link to the "2 week delay" page doesn't work. If the PS3 version does get delayed by 2 weeks - that could be the biggest news of the year (and a huge slap to Sony). But I can't see it happening.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

leo-j said:
Dolla Dolla said:
leo-j said:
Wow. Why is rockstar doing this? Didnt sony give them the ability to make GTA one of the best selling franchises? Dam $$$ was brought into this. Also it could have something to do with the user base, and the ps3 is catching up.

Developing games on the PS3 is still in its infancy. The problem with this is ... the 360 is easier to develop for, so a lot of games are being developed on the 360 first. This is why all the trailers and gameplay shown so far for GTA4 have all been on 360 hardware. Rockstar isn't doing this on purpose, they want their game to sell as good as ever on both platforms.

But wasnt GTA4 being developed for the ps3 fisrt seeing as it was exclusive to the system at some time they were working on the ps3 version or am I wrong?

I think you're wrong in that regard. You have to remember, GTA hasn't always been exclusive. One of its iterations (San Andreas) appeared on the original Xbox and the PC. So, since the 360 rushed to market, it's possible Microsoft approached Rockstar and asked them to develop it for the 360, too (with a moneyhat).

Yup. Both MS and Sony love their money hats.

Dolla Dolla said:
leo-j said:
Dolla Dolla said:
leo-j said:

I think you're wrong in that regard. You have to remember, GTA hasn't always been exclusive. One of its iterations (San Andreas) appeared on the original Xbox and the PC. So, since the 360 rushed to market, it's possible Microsoft approached Rockstar and asked them to develop it for the 360, too (with a moneyhat).

Not sure if you left these out on purpose (because your point was regarding xbox), but just wanted to point out that GTA III and Vice City also came out on PC