By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA IV : Rockstar rep says "complete experience" only on 360

Astrodust,

By your own account you aren't in the war, as you have bought multiple consoles. That's not a war when you fund both sides of a fight. But alas, I'm there with you.

I own a Wii and a PS3 and have had a 360. (Which I sold.) Also for the record, in regards to MS specifically since they are the benefactors for this, I was one of the first to own an Original Xbox, and was even a beta tester for Live.

Funny how I'm a fanboy suddenly as I'm simply calling a couple of companies folderol on their marketing schemes which hedge out gamers as a whole for profit. If you care to see how much of a fanboy I really am of one company, just take a look at my profile and see how many systems I have owned: *Psst* Here is hint if your too lazy to look it up -- It sorta puts a damper on your fanboy argument...

Also about the names, well it isn't nice to attempt to insult someone’s intelligence either. You know the old saying, don't throw stones when you live in a glass house.

By the way, for what it's worth, I could care less about GTA. It grew old a long time ago for me. I'm arguing about the impact of this type of philosophy and thinking if it becomes a popular trend in game marketing. But last time I checked, this argument isn't about giving certain games a chance, as the "complete experience" isn't fully developed on one of the given platforms, which in turn would make it hard to experience those certain games given chances, thus leading back to my main argument...

"There are three types of lies : Lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli ( Made famous by Mark Twain )

PSN ID: DeviantPathways

Wii Number: 0081 3044 1559 2355

Around the Network
DoesWhatNintenDont said:
Astrodust,

By your own account you aren't in the war, as you have bought multiple consoles. That's not a war when you fund both sides of a fight. But alas, I'm there with you.

I own a Wii and a PS3 and have had a 360. (Which I sold.) Also for the record, in regards to MS specifically since they are the benefactors for this, I was one of the first to own an Original Xbox, and was even a beta tester for Live.

Funny how I'm a fanboy suddenly as I'm simply calling a couple of companies folderol on their marketing schemes which hedge out gamers as a whole for profit. If you care to see how much of a fanboy I really am of one company, just take a look at my profile and see how many systems I have owned: *Psst* Here is hint if your too lazy to look it up -- It sorta puts a damper on your fanboy argument...

Also about the names, well it isn't nice to attempt to insult someone’s intelligence either. You know the old saying, don't throw stones when you live in a glass house.

By the way, for what it's worth, I could care less about GTA. It grew old a long time ago for me. I'm arguing about the impact of this type of philosophy and thinking if it becomes a popular trend in game marketing. But last time I checked, this argument isn't about giving certain games a chance, as the "complete experience" isn't fully developed on one of the given platforms, which in turn would make it hard to experience those certain games given chances, thus leading back to my main argument...

Throwing stones??? Um regardless if a person chooses to play on one system or own them all doesn't change the fact that there is a video game console war. I am not talking about the fans that act as fuel and make up the demographics. I am talking about the console makers. These companies are no different than movie studios or rival car company's. Yes sometimes the games suffer, but in the long run it's better that they all exist. They challenge each other. And when did I insult your intelligence? There are people on this forum that either try to get along and see things openly, or call people names at the first opportunity and antagonize everyone. Which one are you? Cause being one will hinder your growth as a person. Why not debate the games and the industry instead of the person. Anger will cloud your vision.

Astrodust said:

Throwing stones??? Um regardless if a person chooses to play on one system or own them all doesn't change the fact that there is a video game console war. I am not talking about the fans that act as fuel and make up the demographics. I am talking about the console makers. These companies are no different than movie studios or rival car company's. Yes sometimes the games suffer, but in the long run it's better that they all exist. They challenge each other. And when did I insult your intelligence? There are people on this forum that either try to get along and see things openly, or call people names at the first opportunity and antagonize everyone. Which one are you? Cause being one will hinder your growth as a person. Why not debate the games and the industry instead of the person. Anger will cloud your vision.

Astrodust,

"In case you don't realize it there is a console war going on."

Pretty much this is insulting as we are on a videogame website...dedicated to the tracking of sales! Your grandma wouldn't be on this website if she was just casual interested in buying that Wii thing she has seen on her TV.

Attempting to "inform" me of this war is pretty asinine as I've been buying videogames for 20 years and I'm well aware of the competition between companies for ones dollar. I'm sure I don't need to tell you that your shoes need tying now do I?

In regards to throwing stones, you either you don't follow my statements or you are twisting them. Go back and re-read my statement again. It is perfectly clear that I'm showing your own actions are not perfect as you attempt to play Dali Lama and tell me that I have inner anger issues.

This non-sense is getting out of hand, as I have now been attempting to argue issues about buying an entire game ala carte now, and seem to be told I need some anger management.

Astro, if you care about my inner soul please PM me and keep this gibberish out of the factual argument from here on out as you keep attempting to spin your own arguments about the game issue into personal counseling.

"There are three types of lies : Lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli ( Made famous by Mark Twain )

@DoesWhatNintenDont,

Sorry I see more the exclusive content as an extension pack than u can buy or not (option so) THAN absolute recquirement.
So yes complete experience (and complete price ...) on Xbox360, but complete game on the 2 consoles.

I can enjoy Starcraft without Broodwar ...
Same for Warcraft 2 or 3

As LordTheNightKnight stated : 90% better than 0%

Time to Work !

DoesWhatNintenDont said:
Astrodust said:

Throwing stones??? Um regardless if a person chooses to play on one system or own them all doesn't change the fact that there is a video game console war. I am not talking about the fans that act as fuel and make up the demographics. I am talking about the console makers. These companies are no different than movie studios or rival car company's. Yes sometimes the games suffer, but in the long run it's better that they all exist. They challenge each other. And when did I insult your intelligence? There are people on this forum that either try to get along and see things openly, or call people names at the first opportunity and antagonize everyone. Which one are you? Cause being one will hinder your growth as a person. Why not debate the games and the industry instead of the person. Anger will cloud your vision.

Astrodust,

"In case you don't realize it there is a console war going on."

Pretty much this is insulting as we are on a videogame website...dedicated to the tracking of sales! Your grandma wouldn't be on this website if she was just casual interested in buying that Wii thing she has seen on her TV.

Attempting to "inform" me of this war is pretty asinine as I've been buying videogames for 20 years and I'm well aware of the competition between companies for ones dollar. I'm sure I don't need to tell you that your shoes need tying now do I?

In regards to throwing stones, you either you don't follow my statements or you are twisting them. Go back and re-read my statement again. It is perfectly clear that I'm showing your own actions are not perfect as you attempt to play Dali Lama and tell me that I have inner anger issues.

This non-sense is getting out of hand, as I have now been attempting to argue issues about buying an entire game ala carte now, and seem to be told I need some anger management.

Astro, if you care about my inner soul please PM me and keep this gibberish out of the factual argument from here on out as you keep attempting to spin your own arguments about the game issue into personal counseling.

This will be off topic, Why doesnt anybody respond to my messages!!! From the ps3!!!! DWND and windbane dont answer anytin...ama delete if I have to.

Also, I want some content to be released since the game will probably be shorter than its supposed to be hence the 360 port.

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:

This will be off topic, Why doesnt anybody respond to my messages!!! From the ps3!!!! DWND and windbane dont answer anytin...ama delete if I have to.

Also, I want some content to be released since the game will probably be shorter than its supposed to be hence the 360 port.

Leo, sorry mate. I didn't know you sent me anything on PS3. I've been busy playing my Dreamcast actually, as I finally got ahold of the uber rare title De La Jet Set Radio. I'll be sure to hit you up later on.  

DoesWhatNintenDont said:
Rath said:
DoesWhatNintenDont said:
Am I the only one who honestly doesn't like what this represents as a whole for gaming? Seriously this goes beyond MS and Sony jockeying for position here.

Personally, I'm not interested in buying a product from a developer if they intentionally hamstring it and don't give me the full experience for my money.

Since when did I start buying my games ala carte?

So you dont like expansion packs? Isnt that essentially what a 'episode' that you can download is?

Or I could be wrong and completely getting the wrong end of the stick. Either way.

There is a difference between an expansion pack, bonus content, and now this new development of a "complete" game.

Expansion packs usually have only referred to PC games, but now we are seeing them adapted for our consoles as well as they grow more like PC anymore. These are fine as one pays to add more content to the entire original game.

Bonus content usually refers to extra content that comes along with later ports, which continue to hold the entire original game, plus sometimes new experiences. This is more of the traditional "expansion pack", if you will, for consoles. Also, in the past, bonus content has sometimes been drawn out simply due hardware specs. For example Casltevania Sympony of the Night had more content on Saturn than it did the Playstation. It also came out much later for Saturn which usually is the case with bonus content. This is the whole anti-timed exclusive thing I've joked about before.

We are now being told upfront by the developers, that this major game is being built fully on the 360. PS3 will not get the "complete experience" thus it is not the entire original game. That is the stark difference here.

Once again I may be wrong but Im pretty sure the 'episodes' are being developed AFTER the game and will only be downloadable sometime AFTER the game is released. The entire ORIGINAL game can be bought for both consoles and one is paying for BONUS content AFTER they have bought the ORIGINAL game for the X360.

You may have noticed I LIKE capitilizing WORDS. 

Rath,
As far as I understand, the content is being released afterwards too.

Again the stark difference for me it this, the developer themselves has stated that for the "complete experience" of the game, one needs this content.

So while it does have similar characteristics with expansion packs, the main problem I see is the entire game is being developed with the content in mind for the full scope of the experience. It's not an expansion pack that is going to be added months down the line simply because the people demanded it, like some pushed sequel for a movie.

So basically the full game is going to be devleoped, and PS3 and 360 will get 90% of the game at launch, then later down the line 360 gets the other 10%. An expansion pack by definition would be adding to the entire original game thus we wouldn't simply be adding content to get 100% rather the content would make it 130%, 150%, and so on.