By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA IV : Rockstar rep says "complete experience" only on 360

I guess the Red Ring Of Death is included in this complete experience.

Around the Network

wow such an insightful post sexybeast.. -_-
(urk >_< typing your name in felt awkward... no offense)
anyway.. do GTA gamers even care about episodic content cause to my understanding the game comes with a complete story, and not a lot of people actually finishes GTA games 100% me i just usually screw around and kill people like most of my friends..
well if it was free i guess it would kinda matter,
but paying $20 dollars for extra missions?.
i wouldnt buy that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

I'm sure it will be extra areas for extra missions, or just extra areas for you to goof around in if you like to think of it that way...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
I'm sure it will be extra areas for extra missions, or just extra areas for you to goof around in if you like to think of it that way...

wait... adding extra areas in an already existing city on a console?.
isnt that kinda hard to pull off?.
cause it isnt like motorstorm where they add new maps, its a streaming city,
unless they put load times in between,
but what if your staring at the new area from a distance from an old area of the game >.<..
how can they even do that install the game on hardrive and patch it?.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Uh...it's simple...you have city boundaries...the expansion could be something off the map...a suburb, neighboring city, whatever...it is possible...I don't know...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
iclim4 said:
BenKenobi88 said:

wait... adding extra areas in an already existing city on a console?.
isnt that kinda hard to pull off?.
cause it isnt like motorstorm where they add new maps, its a streaming city,
unless they put load times in between,
but what if your staring at the new area from a distance from an old area of the game >.<..
how can they even do that install the game on hardrive and patch it?.

Remember the first GTAIII? You had to pass certain missions before the bridge was "fixed" (read: unlocked) and another part of the city would open.

Rockstar could simply have a few of these areas on the main map, and when you purchase that map/installment/episode/whatever they call it, *poof* - that area is unlocked.

Subsequent maps can also have these locked areas so episodic content could be created with virtually no limitations.

I predict some PS3 fan would resistn and stay on the PS3 boat.
But it is a good move for Microsoft.
For the PS3, I m more "afraid" about this GTA4 extra content that Halo3...
But it depends if Microsoft make advertissing about this extra content.

Note that the PS3 version is 2 weeks late
that is different from 2 weeks delayed (I made this error too).

Time to Work !

wow, having the area in a site seeing position but not being able to get to it without spending real money is awfully tempting.....i guess the areas wouldn't be included on PS3, 'twould be frustrating.

though i'm not bothered myself because i haven't and don't plan on getting a PS3/360, and i haven't bought GTA since 3 [i have 2 as well :) ]... and that's on the PC.

i would actually consider purchasing GTA3 or possibly Vice City if they came out as a straight port to Wii, though how the controls would work i don't know (could use GC controller, i worked out a config that would work fine for me using GC)

GTA, like the Playstation Brand, would take a hell of a lot to die here in Europe, UK gamers don't seem to like change so much.

Sony machines and fans are what made R* the company they are today, this is such crap. i'm still getting the game......... but i'm not happy about it =p

This series was the most innovative series of last generation and the series that started the whole sandbox genre which is only growing and will continue to grow in the future, it's not dying any time soon...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!