By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA IV : Rockstar rep says "complete experience" only on 360

http://www.gamesradar.com/us/ps3/game/news/article.jsp?sectionId=1006&articleId=20070725111542242077&releaseId=20060313153735796095

It's no secret that the long-ago announced downloadable episodes for Grand Theft Auto IV will be exclusive to the Xbox 360 version of the game. According to Rockstar Games spokesman Hosi Simon, however, there won't be any consolation prizes for those who choose to buy the PlayStation 3 edition instead. When asked during a preview of the game (which you can read about here, if you haven't already) whether there would be any advantage to owning the PS3 version that could rival the 360's exclusives, Simon said, "not that I can think of."

"They're identical games," Simon continued. "We're not hardware makers, and we're not like a pawn between these companies, we try not to be as much as we can. We make great games for people to enjoy on whichever system they want.

"But I guess if you want the complete experience with the episodes, then yeah, you should buy the 360, I suppose," Simon said.

Downloadable episodes or no, the game looks set to be an incredible experience on both platforms, and we've got a new batch of GTA IV screens and art to prove it (just hit the Images tab above to see them all). To find out much more about what you can expect from this sprawling underworld epic, check out the meaty details revealed by our latest preview.
In addition of this fucking news, the PS3 version is late by 2 week ...
http://gamers-creed.com/?p=121.
Conclusion :
==> 2 identitcal version released this year
==> 2 "add-on" exclusive to the Xbox360

*fixed by BenKenobi88, words were off to the right, etc*

Time to Work !

Around the Network

Wow. Why is rockstar doing this? Didnt sony give them the ability to make GTA one of the best selling franchises? Dam $$$ was brought into this. Also it could have something to do with the user base, and the ps3 is catching up.

mM

interesting little tibit that the PS3 version is gonna be 2 weeks after, that's gonna hurt sales a bit.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

They said it's currently two weeks behind in development not that it's going to be released two weeks behind.

So the PS3 version comes 2 weeks later and will not have as much content? Wait why do I care, I hate GTA. I don't know how much of an impact it will be to pay a developer to put extra content to be released months later. Most consumers won't be aware of this and this will probably not affect the ratings of the game. If this content was released with the game then yes I can see the impact. 

Around the Network

Didn't see that coming....

yeah yeah Legend11,

I agree. u re completely RIGHT

I dont understand Why I made this error ... strange.

Whatever, I edit my OP.

thx u again.

PS : knowing this, my news is not anymore really interesting ...

Time to Work !

leo-j said:
Wow. Why is rockstar doing this? Didnt sony give them the ability to make GTA one of the best selling franchises? Dam $$$ was brought into this. Also it could have something to do with the user base, and the ps3 is catching up.

Developing games on the PS3 is still in its infancy. The problem with this is ... the 360 is easier to develop for, so a lot of games are being developed on the 360 first. This is why all the trailers and gameplay shown so far for GTA4 have all been on 360 hardware. Rockstar isn't doing this on purpose, they want their game to sell as good as ever on both platforms.

this is a series that needs to die.

yeah this series and *cough site cough* needs to die....i agree there is plenty of other series to try out....like Driver and Mario Kart....just give up Rockstar your not partying anymore....lol