By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Jen Tsao, jurno who gave Wii Music 1 is off to SEGA to work on casual games

--OkeyDokey-- said:
Seems like a good decision. She's clearly not cut out to be a professional reviewer.

I dont remember you being so hate- and spiteful. What happened?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network
Faxanadu said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Seems like a good decision. She's clearly not cut out to be a professional reviewer.

I dont remember you being so hate- and spiteful. What happened?

Well, life is pretty sucky right now, so I'm pretty much being an asshole to everyone lately :P

Star Scream said:

Here is what she had to say:

Yes, the era of the hardcore gamer is coming to an end, and while I’ve loved my years at EGM, I’ve also been waiting eagerly for this time to come. For so long, finding a way to reach women gamers was this magical holy grail — something people could only fantasize about. Nobody had any clue how to do it, and a lot of people didn’t believe it could be done. Casual games on the web, World of Warcraft, and Nintendo Wii and DS have proven that it’s not only possible, it’s happening NOW — and I simply can’t resist the call to join the cause. This has long been an interest of mine (way, way, way before it was cool or profitable :), and it makes sense that now is the time to jump.

It seems not many people apply for jobs at 1UP, for them to hire this idiot.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

The most hardcore game I ever remembered her reviewing at EGM was Mass Effect. Most of the time she reviewed games like Guitar Hero and Cooking Mama. So you can see why it's a bit strange that she would call herself a hardcore gamer and a bit unsurprising she would make a move like this.

Shame she had to leave the EGM staff before Dan "Shoe" Hsu could put the moves on her.

MontanaHatchet said:

The most hardcore game I ever remembered her reviewing at EGM was Mass Effect. Most of the time she reviewed games like Guitar Hero and Cooking Mama. So you can see why it's a bit strange that she would call herself a hardcore gamer and a bit unsurprising she would make a move like this.

Shame she had to leave the EGM staff before Dan "Shoe" Hsu could put the moves on her.

Shoe left before her and she's already a mother with a child.

Around the Network

Wow the snobcore fanboyism flows freely I see.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

um.. where is the thread-worthy news?

Yojimbo said:
Star Scream said:
vlad321 said:
So you mean 1up did the best decision and let a casual player play a casual game and award it the score it should have deserved from that point of view? Kudos to 1up!

Why not go further and let kids play random Ubisoft Wii  game, and award it the score it deserves from that point of view?

Why not let athletics review sport games?

i know you were joking to continue the pattern, but i don't think sports games are targetted towards athletes, meaning it doesn't really fit in with the two posts above yours

and Star Scream, i'd suggest a parent review those games while their kids are playing it.. it would probably be the best indicator for the adults who buy the game for their kids

Star Scream said:
vlad321 said:
So you mean 1up did the best decision and let a casual player play a casual game and award it the score it should have deserved from that point of view? Kudos to 1up!

Why not go further and let kids play random Ubisoft Wii  game, and award it the score it deserves from that point of view?

A female blogger did. She let her six year old daughter review a Ubisoft game petz game. She questioned her daughter about playing the game and the stuff that she did in the game. Finally she concluded the review with what her daughter liked about the game. It was a very adorable review, which was posted on Gonintendo.com.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

bbsin said:
MontanaHatchet said:

Shoe left before her and she's already a mother with a child.

Couldn't stop anything now, could it?

Hopfully they will be good casual games.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"