By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will PS3 be ahead of Wii this week in Japan?

ultimate_123 said:
Looking at recent sales it'll even struggle to pass the 10K mark. You can quote me on this!

ok sure

mM
Around the Network
Zucas said:
It's quite possible. I wouldn't expect Wii sales to start going on the upward trends until another week but still should go up a little this way. But PS3 has a good chance of topping it. But will need more than 30k.

So few understand jsut how awesome it is to be this right haha.  Got the Wii thing perfect and the perfect number that PS3 needed.  Just feels good haha.

ultimate_123 said:
Looking at recent sales it'll even struggle to pass the 10K mark. You can quote me on this!

Quoted again for comical effect.

Soriku said:
Wow at PS3. Wonder where it'll be at next week.

Probably well ahead of the 360 and slightly behind the Wii next week. I think the PS3 will track ahead of the 360 until the 11/16 to 11/23 sales week when the TLR bundle hits. Depending on Wii sales level the 360 may be the number on selling console that week.

PS3 sales significantly lower than *I* expected this week in Japan - was hoping for closer to 50k. Still, Sony will take the "win" for what it is...

Next week becomes very critical - can they keep this momentum up? Not sure what PS3 games out this week, but predicting PS3 hardware to drop to around 22k.

Wii is doing fine, with sustained sales around 25k - based on basically no new releases. Sure Animal Crossing will move heaps of software, and be a nice hardware boost going into Xmas sales.

Going to be an interesting Xmas (as always!) :)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

Which is more funny? The first or the second page? I'd like to know before I sit down for a good read.

Actually, nevermind. I'll read both!

Darc Requiem said:
Soriku said:
Wow at PS3. Wonder where it'll be at next week.

Probably well ahead of the 360 and slightly behind the Wii next week. I think the PS3 will track ahead of the 360 until the 11/16 to 11/23 sales week when the TLR bundle hits. Depending on Wii sales level the 360 may be the number on selling console that week.

what about the resistance 2 release and the pes bundle for the ps3 in japan? i'm pretty sure they will move ps3's.

EPIC Major Pwnage. *Bows to Dmeister*

I never really doubted you DMeisterJ. Lol

LOL PWNAGE to the extreme