By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will PS3 be ahead of Wii this week in Japan?

LoLz, how many haters here. =))

I wonder, how much will PS3 sell next week, will it hold ~30k or not. =)
After all, new 80Gb model is released, and then:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps3/releases.html?limiter=2
a lot of games will be released in Japan. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
I would have been surprised if the PS3 had stayed below Wii this week, I mean a week with GTA and LBP, even in Japan would have boosted sales. However what does surprise me is how little PS3 sales were boosted, I mean this only brings them up into the 30K range. It would be like if Animal csrossing for Wii only brings it into the 40K range, very disappointing

Wow.  Too much failure in this post.

Truth is never failure

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Avinash_Tyagi said:
DMeisterJ said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
I would have been surprised if the PS3 had stayed below Wii this week, I mean a week with GTA and LBP, even in Japan would have boosted sales. However what does surprise me is how little PS3 sales were boosted, I mean this only brings them up into the 30K range. It would be like if Animal csrossing for Wii only brings it into the 40K range, very disappointing

Truth is never failure

Except there was no truth in there, only opinion.  >_>

DMeisterJ said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
DMeisterJ said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

Truth is never failure

Nope, the comment about PS3 being up, but still not being impressively up was perfectly true

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Damn 7 k back....

Around the Network
Avinash_Tyagi said:
DMeisterJ said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
DMeisterJ said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

Truth is never failure

Nope, the comment about PS3 being up, but still not being impressively up was perfectly true

Lol.  I'm done.

I forgot how annoying you were.  >_>

DMeisterJ said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
DMeisterJ said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
DMeisterJ said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

Truth is never failure

Lol.  I'm done.

I forgot how annoying you were.  >_>

And I forgot how much of a blind fanboy you are, when a console underperforms it doesn't matter whether its an improvement over an even worse week, its still underperforming, even with multiple new games out, games that sold well, the PS3 hardware sales underperformed, plain and simple.

*eats a crow*

Ok... in all fairness. I really didn't expect the ps3 to beat the wii in japan this week. I don't mind eating the crow this time... :)

I am a Gamer... I play games and not consoles. I have a PC and Console on which I game... I like games. End of Story!

I got harshly owned.

Darc Requiem said:
DOATS1 said:
Darc Requiem said:
Soriku said:
Wow at PS3. Wonder where it'll be at next week.

Probably well ahead of the 360 and slightly behind the Wii next week. I think the PS3 will track ahead of the 360 until the 11/16 to 11/23 sales week when the TLR bundle hits. Depending on Wii sales level the 360 may be the number on selling console that week.

what about the resistance 2 release and the pes bundle for the ps3 in japan? i'm pretty sure they will move ps3's.

Resistance 2 isn't going to move any hardware in Japan and PES isn't going touch The Last Remnant. Infinite Undiscovery moved a lot of hardware and it hasn't gotten near the hype or build up of The Last Remnant. The Last Remnant is the first major Square Enix release for a HD console.

infinite undiscovery didn't move as much hardware as you think. it was released alongside a price drop and pent up demand from stock clearance. and pes isn't going to touch last remnant? do you know how well pes sells in japan? you must be out of your mind if you think pes won't match last remnant in sales. also, resistance is quite popular in japan as well. do you honestly think microsoft are the only ones with big hitters in japan this november?