By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will PS3 be ahead of Wii this week in Japan?

The PS3 beat my 30k estimate by 6k. I am still surprised that LBP was outsold by GTAIV though. LBP is the type of game that should appeal to the Japanese audience....maybe it will have better legs than GTAIV.

Around the Network

Brilliant prediction DMeisterJ, to be honest the way it was going I was thinking more like 20K sales but I'm glad I was wrong. This is like a double whammy, great prediction and you bought a ps3 :)

Soriku said:
Hell yeah!

What he said.

Wow starcraft was almost was right, i guess he was the closest to the Japanese.
Maybe little big planet will have Super mario galaxy syndrome, but on the smaller scale.

Some serious crow eating to take place here.

Around the Network

i might have to eat some of that crow. i wasn't expecting any more than 20k.

PS3 got a bigger bump than I thought it would. It might just stay ahead of wii next week as well. The week after should see Wii in the lead again thanks to animal crossing..with the PS3 getting another boost the week after with the release of Winning Eleven.

Should be an interesting couple of weeks.

DMeisterJ said:
Looking at recent sales it'll even struggle to pass the 10K mark. You can quote me on this!

It could happen, but I doubt it!

No way in hell, LBP despite its popularity is not an established franchise and doesn't benefit from being developed by a known Japanese developer.

I doubt it. I can see the PS3 selling 15k next week, and falling below 10k again the week after.

At the rate it's been going it's not looking good at all. It's gonna be hard competing against the DSi. It may only just beat the 360.

Let me think about this for a second. Um..... No.

LBP flopped hard let alone thinking about the PS3 beating Wii. Pathetic predictions.

impossible

After seeing the first day numbers for Little Big Planet I hope they don't even beat the 360.

It should look like this:

Wii - 27,000
360 - 11,550 (GTA boost)
PS3 - 7,800 (LBP + GTA + 80GB boost)

Japan obviously has no desire to purchase PS3's.

Sorry I can't see it happening.

No

wow...beyond pwned.

People don't think before they make predictions in these threads. They think they will not get hear about it a week later. Sure enough, a good ten of you just got called.

BHR-3 said:
yes if the wii continues it's 25ishk sales it should be no promblem

knew it would happen hopefully it can stay above 25k for the rest of the year

Play Me

Very unpredictable country. On another note, I wouldn't be surprised if FF XIII release gets PS3 to around 200k sales hardware for that week. (Remember MGS4's 75k, and FF is much bigger than MGS). That's a whole another prediction.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.