By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - What can we do to improve VG Chartz?

ioi said:
What's wrong with the forum?

Two things came quick to my mind:

-Weird quoting system

-It doesn't seems like mods can ban people based on their IP

and by the way...

does this support bbcode?

oh, it does

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Around the Network

Maybe add and update attach ratios for each platform, possibly even on the front page? You could also break it down into 1st & 3rd party! If you really wanted to go to town you could have lifetime and recent(say 6 months back from the the present) attach ratios to show which platforms are currently likely to attract devs. For instance looking at PS2s hardware sold and overall attach ratios you would assume that it would be the premiere platform for development but a quick check of the last 6 months ratio would show it is clearly a system in decline.

All this of course is aimed at making it easier to establish which platform is offering the healthiest climate for developer support, a topic of constant debate and procrastination on the site.

Hope this helps.

Hus said:

Grow up and stop trolling.

So no-one likes my rating system???

I'll elaborate:

Everyone starts off with a certain rating (a la Germany post-hyper inflation, new currency, everyone restarted with the same amount of money - 500 marks, I believe), say, 1,000 (like gamedev).

Now basically, whenever someone makes a really good post (informative, entertaining, etc) members can rate people up (only in increments of 1, btw). And if a member makes a particually bad post (fanboyism, swearing, etc) they can be rated down (decrements of 1).

The user rating gets displayed somewhere below the usersname on every post. It can encourage people to only make good posts, and it allows people to quickly skip crap posts.

I'm funny

The chatting things that I have seen on some other websites...called irc, I think...

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

Around the Network

just do it i dont care i will be more satisfied knowing im done with the site....do what u got do!!!

well i know its a lot of work but 'other regions' software numbers.
put the 'other regions' hardware sales on the front page.
add a text box to the 'other regions' hardware sales.

ioi said:Tetsuya, we already have plenty of mods on this site, but I have been looking at your request
. Generally, you can't just ask to be a mod though and this little unprovoked outburst kind of suggests that you wouldn't be right for the job and you are in fact close to getting yourself banned

lol....brillant ioi all you had to do was message me and let me know that....its not an outburst its just the fact that you werent responding and neither were the mods...

Change the name to something without a Z.