By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Worst console you've owned?

Thats a toughy. XBOX may be the winner of that prize given the fact I've hardly ever played it. Lately it has seen more action due to 360 playability and I got a 3rd party controller for the original. I think the controller design is a big - for the original Xbox. As far as tech specs go then it would be the Atari VCS. It was crap compared to the other systems on the market, so in relative terms one could say that the worst system I owned at ITS time was Atari.
The Console in which I have played the least during it's gen would be XBOX
The greatest disapointment would be my Virtual Boy given the fact it got boned harder by its company than the Saturn.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Around the Network

PS3. It's a very fine blu-ray player, but for gaming? Huge disappointment. I've bought multireleases on the 360 since it's 99% the superior version, and I haven't bought any game since last holiday... The game I'm waiting for is resistance 2... Well, I'll get it next year after I'm done with gears of war 2. Anyway, I practically don't touch my PS3, and I don't even buy blurays for it.

Senlis said:
hotrodx said:
Senlis said:
hotrodx said:
The Wii is my least favorite. But everyone I know loves it. Wish they're the ones who paid for it.

I guess the problem was that I bought it because of its popularity, and not because of its games. I was also thinking that I bought it for my kids, and me playing it was just secondary. For all the joy it brought to others except me, I guess I got my money's worth.

I'm pretty confident that as this generation goes on, the Wii library will grow and change my perception of the Wii.

You are looking for some good games?  Maybe I can help, what is your favorite genre?

I like RPGs, which I felt the Wii is lacking right now. I don't like FPS that much (though I play them), so that's just ok for the Wii.

I like action games in the vein of Devil May Cry. Survival horror, too.

I loved Trauma Center for the Wii, btw.

Trauma Center is awesome.  I've beaten the first and second ones.  It depends on your tastes for RPG's, but I would highly recommend Baten Kaitos Origins (Yes, a GC game).  Don't let other card based RPG's taint your opinion of this one.  The card system works great in the game and keeps you on your toes during battle, which is a good diversion from traditional turn based style of RPG's.  There is a lot of party customization and side-quests too, including the colosseum.  The original Baten Kaitos is good too, but doesn't have quite as good gameplay, sidequests, stories, etc.

There is also Fire Emblem for the GC and Wii.  Good challenging turn based strategy.  I have beaten the GC one, but not the Wii one.  The Wii one is basically a GC sequal to the first one, so I would get the GC one first.

Honorably mention to Tales of Symphonia for the GC.  I own it, haven't had a chance to play it.  Also, Skies of Arcadia for the GC is good if you like collecting things on an RPG, but I should mention it is a direct port of the Dreamcast version.

I think that coveres what you can get from the GC backwards capatability.  There is Chocobo Dungeon for the Wii which I have heard is a lot of fun despite being simplistic in design and story.  There is also another game I saw a review for, I believe it was Dokapon, that is a party game and RPG hybrid.  I heard it was really good.

Other than that, check out the virtual console for some old scholl RPG goodness.  I bought a PS2 to satisfy my RPG needs.  I really have to many of them to finish (I still haven't finished both Baten Kaitos, prolly a 60+ hour endevor for each)

Hey, thanks for the tips. I haven't really used GC backward compatibility much.

Let me just clarify that I bought the Wii as a "dad" rather than a "gamer", hence I wasn't really into the library when I bought it.

But just like any market-leading console, the important games will come later and the library will improve. I guess it's the same feeling for PS2 early adopters in the first couple of years. Then boom!

Maybe if I didn't buy the Wii early and bought it later, then it would have a bigger impact on me.

I think some defensiveness of some Wii fans on this thread (I hope you don't mind) is because of the way the title is worded. It says "Worst console" and it makes it sound bad. That's the reason why I used the words "least favorite". If you have great consoles, something is bound to be "least favorite". It just happens to be the Wii for the moment in my case.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad.

I love Nintendo and the SNES and N64 were 2 of my favourite consoles of all time, But i have to say my least fave console i owned was.............. Gamecube, I only had 3 games for it, Sonic heroes, Resident evil 4 and Resident evil 1 remake............. after i played those games i never touched it again and i just went back to my Dreamcast and played on my 2nd hand ps2 occasionally

For me, it was the Atari 2600. I bought a used one off eBay just for the sake of seeing how bad E.T. was! I was able to beat the game though.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

Around the Network

Hmmm... I would say the DC but it had to many RE games and Soulcalibur :D I personally never bought a N64, it was my sisters present, so no... that neither :P It has to be my NES replika that I bought in 2002 ^_^

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

I never owned a Wii, for good reasons if i did it would be the worst, but since i was smart enough to avoid it many O' times i'd say worst would have to be my gamecube which i gave to my mom lol!

In My Personal Opinion, nintendo should stop making consoles there always low quality, i'd even prefer a "Apple" console to a nintendo one, atleast then it'd be some sort of HD.

from my current list of consoles:

it would have to be the Wii..

20 mins to get an online match on SSBB, or the arcane friends list system.. sheesh.. i have never been a huge nintendo fan but this one totally makes me feel like sega with the saturn all over again.. brilliant first party titles, poor quality third party and not so impressive graphics.. if nintendo juiced it up to support atleast 720p it wouldnt be an eyesore

oh yea n the damn 360 cause it keeps breaking down.. love the games n graphics though

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

None.... If I HAVE to say one I would say my Sega Genesis, but only because PS2 & 3 top it in my eyes. Can I say the GBA??? The original, not the SP.

4 ≈ One

I'm going to go with the Wii and PS3 a close second.

PS3's not a bad console, it's just I've lived with nothing but gold for so long (NES, N64, PS1, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, NDS Lite, xbox 360), that it's niggling issues (lack of consistent quality in the library, shitty six-axis controller) become alot more noticeable.

I've never had an issue with any of my previous consoles before this gen, all the consoles listed above are still going strong, but this gen, 360 and PS3 have had problems (360's rrod and has since been ebay'd).

Wii takes the cake because whilst it's similar to the N64 (living off 1st party), I bought mine a few years into the life of (as opposed to year 1) so I had ALOT of games ready to play through, including a few 3rd party gems (Tony Hawk, Goldeneye, Banjo, Perfect Dark etc). Wii on the other hand, it's living off Nintendo's first party and every decent party-game compilation (for the family).