By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Worst console you've owned?

My Game Boy Advance Original Version, the screen was waaaay to dark to ever game on, it was so dark it was almost useless to me, had to hold it at a 45 degree angle to make the screen look good, plus games were $30 and didn't drop to $20 until recently, shoulda got an SP, but i was cheap and poor and wanted a new $60 system.

Kickin' Those Games Old School.       -       201 Beaten Games And Counting

Around the Network

From my favorite console to my least favorite one

Wii>Genesis>NES>Gamecube>PSone>Atari2600>Atari XE 64

But honestly I loved all my consoles so I don't regret have them. ^^

Is it really necessary to post flamebait like that?

I have the following:

Nintendo:

- NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, GBC, GBA/SP, DS/Lite

Sega:

- Genesis/32X, Dreamcast

Microsoft:

- Xbox 360

Sony:

- PS, PS3

Coleco:

- Colecovision

Atari:

Mer...My PS3 gets no use ever since I beat Resistance. Than my 360...I dunno...

I know this is not going to make people happy here, but I am going to go with the PS3. I hardly ever turn it on. I use it maybe 1 - 2 hours a month. I feel like I totally wasted my money on it!!!

Consoles: Atari 5200, NES, SNES, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3

Around the Network

I don't own any bad consoles. The worst I own is the Sega Saturn, which I bought several months ago. Worth the $90 just for NiGHTS and Sonic Jam!

I have a Genesis, GameBoy Color, N64, GameBoy Advance, GameCube, DS, and a Wii and I love them all. :3

Seriously, asking me to choose my worst console is like asking a parent to choose which child they think is the worst. It cannot be done I tell ya! X(

My PSP. Complete waste of money. All of three good games, horrible battery life and trying to copy a console game button for button with ONE ANALOG STICK and NO R2/L2 buttons!

GBC
GBA
PSOne
PS2
PSP
PS3

Are the consoles I have owned.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Game Gear.

I was thinking. There are a lot of us who enjoy playing old cartridge based games on our old cartridge based consoles because they are "old school" and we enjoyed them while they were popular. Those cartridge based systems last for a long time because they have no moving parts and they are relatively simple in design.

But what about 10+ years from now when we want to play the "old school" games from the CD/DVD generations? Disk based systems don't last as long as Cartridge based because they have moving parts, and those wear down. Plus, consoles nowadays have hard drives in them, which also have moving parts and I don't think the consoles work without them.

Basically what I am saying is that the disk based consoles are not going to be around for that long, not like how our old cartridge based systems are lasting. Sure, you can buy replacement drives for them, but soon those will be hard to come buy. Therefore, the worst console I have owned is anything with a disk reader. They just won't be around for me to enjoy when I am 40 and want to play some Soul Caliber 3.