By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts... Surprise AAA title? (Demo impressions)

Yogi Bear should get a game... he deserves one...

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
Dgc1808 said:
Yogi Bear should get a game... he deserves one...

That comment deserves to be sealed up in a can, it's just spam.. haha, what does Yogi Bear have to do with Banjo? o_O

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

I'm not sure what everybody else is excited about. I'm thoroughly disappointed in this game. It's absolutely gorgeous compared to the previous Banjo titles, and it preserves a lot of what they had... but I think it preserves too much. It doesn't try to move beyond what the original N64 titles were enough.

Also, the vehicle creator absolutely blows. It's such an incredible pain in the butt to try building a new vehicle. Many pieces can't be rotated in all directions, and the ones that can are incredibly complicated to rotate in the directions you want to. Also, the camera can only be moved in two directions - forward and back, side-to-side - in the creator. You can't position the camera wherever you want to (as in, 3D). I eventually gave up on making extra vehicles.

Thus far, I'm quite disappointed. If I ever buy this game, it'll be used, and only because my wife's a big fan of the Banjo games.

SW-5120-1900-6153

"Also, the camera can only be moved in two directions - forward and back "

?? I was able to spin it around

Is this when you were creating your original vehicle, or an extra? The camera's much more versatile in the original vehicle creation.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network
thetonestarr said:

I'm not sure what everybody else is excited about. I'm thoroughly disappointed in this game. It's absolutely gorgeous compared to the previous Banjo titles, and it preserves a lot of what they had... but I think it preserves too much. It doesn't try to move beyond what the original N64 titles were enough.

Also, the vehicle creator absolutely blows. It's such an incredible pain in the butt to try building a new vehicle. Many pieces can't be rotated in all directions, and the ones that can are incredibly complicated to rotate in the directions you want to. Also, the camera can only be moved in two directions - forward and back, side-to-side - in the creator. You can't position the camera wherever you want to (as in, 3D). I eventually gave up on making extra vehicles.

Thus far, I'm quite disappointed. If I ever buy this game, it'll be used, and only because my wife's a big fan of the Banjo games.

you can rotate the camera when creating a vehicle and use the d-pad to rotate pieces, it's pretty easy to use

I already stated - you can rotate, yes, but you can't rotate in EVERY DIRECTION. You can't position the pieces exactly where you want to, how you want to.

Pay attention.

And you can not rotate the camera in every direction. You can't position it below the vehicle, you can't place it wherever you want in relation to the car. It makes you keep the camera above it, and that's incredibly annoying.

SW-5120-1900-6153

I'm still skeptical about this game, but this is welcome news.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
I'm still skeptical about this game, but this is welcome news.

You gonna try the demo?  I started to downloaded but my wife commandeered the tv.  Good time to catch up on some news.

darthdevidem01 said:
I am happy.......one more reason to replace the wii with an xbox 360 system

From personal experiance, I can tell you that is a good idea. As long as you also keep your Wii, you won't regret it. Nintendo will probably come out with 2-3 good Wii games next year, and Brawl is still really fun to play with friends imo.