By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts... Surprise AAA title? (Demo impressions)

The demo for Banjo Kazooie apparently just went up and it is meant to be an absolute MONSTER-sized demo.

There is an enormous thread over at NeoGaf talking about the demo.  They are being overwhelmingly positive.  Comments like "best graphics and art this gen" are being thrown around left, right and centre.  Gameplay and atmosphere are being described as "charming" and the hub world is meant to be HUGE!!!

Apparently the game is a classic Rare collectathon, and the demo just goes on and on.  Vehicle creation is meant to be largely fluid and simple whilst maintaining depth.

I have two things due in for VGC (one of which is a Fable 2 review, the other of which is EXTREMELY late) so I doubt I'll get to play the demo this week.  Get over to GAF andf check the thread out, or post your own impressions here and let us know what you think.

Looks like RARE ARE BACK BABY!!!

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

I am happy.......one more reason to replace the wii with an xbox 360 system

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Didn't this game get HAMMERED all around before?

I hope it's true but I'm going to stay a bit pessimistic just encase it does go bad....

Former something....

I think this game has a lot of potential. But I don't see how it would be a surprise whatsoever considering both previous console iterations of this game are AAA.

Around the Network

There's a DEMO?!? *Bolts from work and runs home to fire up the 360*

Ahhh, if only i could.... oh well, I've been waiting 8 years to get my hands on some new BK love, so 4 more hours isn't gonna kill me.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

I'm downloading it right now, let's see what Rare is up to.

CGI-Quality said:
@ darth

You serious?

Well yeah.....there are two conditions

SO4 coming to Ps3/DKC 3 or Pilotwings being announced next E3

so  I will wait until yet another E3 probably....to make my decision on this

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

i cant read the writing....i hope they fix it.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MrBubbles said:
i cant read the writing....i hope they fix it.

NeoGAF users have been complaining about that. There is an actual Rare community manager on NeoGAF, posting in the official demo thread, so the feedback is certainly making it's way to Rare.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.