By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts... Surprise AAA title? (Demo impressions)

Agreed concerning the text issues, otherwise, the demo is fun and the game is simply, a big bag of eye candy. Looks like a very addicting and fun title. I will wait for opinions regarding the full game from members of this site before a purchase. Looks like a buy for me......we shall see. Damn it, so many great games for 360 and PS3. You cant go wrong with either system considering all these freaking great choices. I need to get a GameFly account or something....

Around the Network
thetonestarr said:
I already stated - you can rotate, yes, but you can't rotate in EVERY DIRECTION. You can't position the pieces exactly where you want to, how you want to.

Pay attention.

And you can not rotate the camera in every direction. You can't position it below the vehicle, you can't place it wherever you want in relation to the car. It makes you keep the camera above it, and that's incredibly annoying.

I just played the demo and yes you can position the camera above and below the vehicle.  Press up or down on the right stick.  Rotation of pieces is easy, use the d-pad to rotate in any direction.  Of course you can only rotate piece in 90 degree increments but that makes the building process simple and easy by using a grid layout.  I personally didn't have a problem with creating a vehicle.

Although, the 3 wheeled vehicle I created was an absolute turd.  It couldn't stay upright for crap and it didn't help that the challenge was on a hill.  LOL.

Otherwise, the graphics were incredible, the controls were tight(I was worried that the vehicles might be hard to control, not the case).  Looks like a collectathon(not a bad thing).  Text size was fine on my tv(46' lcd).  I guess it could have used some voice acting, but nothing I really care about.  Overall from my experience so far, I would give it an 8/10.

Strategyking92 said:
played it more.... they need voice acting, or they need to make the text much, much easier to read.

With all this complaining about it, i bet the final text will be like 2 inches tall and glowing.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Cool, I thought this game looked good when I saw it.

I just pick up Fable 2 , Little Big Planet, and Fallout 3 ... I could have got a system for the cost of those 3 games. I don't know if I even want to try the demo because I will end up buying it also.

I still have PURE, Deadspace, and ToV to finish.... I thought 360 have no games this year.

Around the Network

Banjo is another masterpiece from rare

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=586970&page=200

So when does this Banjo:Nuts and Bolts launch on the X360?

Wow, those pics posted Dejelek are great! Not only does it look like something in a CG film, but I love thr rich vibrant colours. It's nice to see a game like this when a lot of what we see today is very dull and grim settings.

JaggedSac said:
thetonestarr said:
I already stated - you can rotate, yes, but you can't rotate in EVERY DIRECTION. You can't position the pieces exactly where you want to, how you want to.

Pay attention.

And you can not rotate the camera in every direction. You can't position it below the vehicle, you can't place it wherever you want in relation to the car. It makes you keep the camera above it, and that's incredibly annoying.

I just played the demo and yes you can position the camera above and below the vehicle.  Press up or down on the right stick.  Rotation of pieces is easy, use the d-pad to rotate in any direction.  Of course you can only rotate piece in 90 degree increments but that makes the building process simple and easy by using a grid layout.  I personally didn't have a problem with creating a vehicle.

Although, the 3 wheeled vehicle I created was an absolute turd.  It couldn't stay upright for crap and it didn't help that the challenge was on a hill.  LOL.

Otherwise, the graphics were incredible, the controls were tight(I was worried that the vehicles might be hard to control, not the case).  Looks like a collectathon(not a bad thing).  Text size was fine on my tv(46' lcd).  I guess it could have used some voice acting, but nothing I really care about.  Overall from my experience so far, I would give it an 8/10.

Either you've somehow turned on a feature that I haven't, or my download's buggy, because I toyed with that in so many different ways and it got annoying.

I suppose that could be the case, too, because the download got interrupted partway through... may have missed a bit of code.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Rare has been an impressive dev in the past but lately they haven't been living up to the high standards they set. I believe it's been said quite often that insomniac is now better than them in developing the Ratchet & Clank/Banjo Kazooie genre.

However, part of me still have high expectations of them and I'd like nothing more than them impressing the gaming community again. No better way to do that than delivering a top notch game in the form of nuts and bolts.

I am a Gamer... I play games and not consoles. I have a PC and Console on which I game... I like games. End of Story!