By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What the scaryest game youve ever play?

Scariest game: Fatal Frame 1 & 2

Creepiest game: Fatal Frame 1

Around the Network

fatal frames got me a little but i couldn't get a hold of the controls....i know i know its a picture game....but i still sucked at it...i just couldn't get it.....so that kinda added to the creepiness lol your suckage level at a game in survival horror makes you feel defenseless leaving you even more scared.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

resident evil 0 or eternal darkness
killer 7 was just weird.

**EDIT:  Pinocchio for the SNES. those realistic looking bugs on the 2nd level, being swallowed by a whale on the 7th level. i swear, i've had nightmares about wales crushing my house for years.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask is the best Zelda title ever made.

"The Person Who Got the Closest to Winning the 1st VGC VC Giveaway, but still lost"

half-life 2- It's like an apocolyptic nightmare kind of scary, it feels believable.

The other games people mention are more horror movie scary.

"YouR opinion is WronG!!!"

Eternal Darkness : Sanity's Requiem above all. I almost died playing at it by night during a storm and watching in the bath. This game is just insane, especially the gaming erasing the saves or the screaming floor. 

Then comes the REmake and everything you want ^^

I found Doom 3 or HL2 just funny haha in comparision of the original Doom.

Around the Network

Fatal Frame

If perferring the PS3 over the 360 makes me a fanboy.. I guess I am guilty..

List of 360 Games I would like to have: Alan Wake

List of PS3 Games I would like to have: LBP, FFXIII(if it ever comes), R2(maybe)

List of Wii Games I would like to have: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (It's not an exclusive but it would be awesome)

Fantasy World Dizzy gave me nightmares for months.

Seriously though (I don't even own a C64) I would say Second Sight. Not in a startling way, more in a creepy disturbing way.

Scratch that. BioShock.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

prolly the RE remake for gamecube

Resident Evil REmake for Cube. Best horror game ever.

I would have to say Resident Evil for GC.
Eternal Darkness would have gotten my vote, but it has a couple problems: 1) It lets you know your character's sanity level and 2) It lets you heal your sanity with spells.
If they would have kept you guessing more by not letting you see a sanity gauge, that would help (maybe use some on screen effects). Secondly, it should not be so easy to heal sanity. After playing the game thru once, I usually had my sanity full unless I banned myself from using the healing spell.
Also, they need more sanity effects that you cannot tell that it is a sanity effect. Keep you guessing. To make it harder to tell if it is a sanity effect, they need some weird **** that is real (not a sanity effect).
That is why I was always looking forward to Eternal Darkness 2. I thought the first one was a good trial run for a great game.