By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Are the PS3 numbers accurate?

numbers for 07 (millions)

Ps3 2.673
360 2.389

factor in the other stuff and its looking quite bad for the 360

Around the Network

Yeah, if the PS3 continues to outsell the 360 by 300k units every six months it'll catch up by the beginning of 2018. Microsoft must be terrified.

Dolla Dolla said:
leo-j said:
twesterm said:
Sqrl said:
I direct your attention here...

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=PS3®1=All&cons2=PS3®2=All&cons3=X360®3=All&align=1

Thats a graph of the PS3 and 360 with aligned launch dates so you can see how they are doing at identical points in their lifespan.

You also remember that the chart doesn't show everything. the PS3 may be doing about as well as the 360 during the same point in its lifetime, but the 360 also didn't have any competition. Take that as a good or bad thing.

Good: The PS3 is keeping up with the 360 with competition and is holding its own.

Bad: The 360 didn't have to do as well as the PS3 should now because it didn't have to worry about competition.

Bad: The ps3 is continuing to outsell it WW.

That would actually be in the good category, leo.

dude dont cal me leo it sounds like Im an evil guy or sometin lol, call me leo-j hehehe it sounds less evil. I know it would be in the good category I was bein sarcastic.

mM
leo-j said:

dude dont cal me leo it sounds like Im an evil guy or sometin lol, call me leo-j hehehe it sounds less evil. I know it would be in the good category I was bein sarcastic.

You're the diet coke of Evil. Just one calorie ... not evil enough! 

Nonquihote said:
numbers for 07 (millions)

Ps3 2.673
360 2.389

factor in the other stuff and its looking quite bad for the 360

Actually, that makes the PS3 look pretty bad.

Why, you ask?

Well, the PS3 had a stellar launch in Europe this year. And yet, they are only 300k units ahead of the 360?

RPGuy96 said:
Yeah, if the PS3 continues to outsell the 360 by 300k units every six months it'll catch up by the beginning of 2018. Microsoft must be terrified.

Yep and its sold over 150k for july only so far. The ps3 is going to catch up fast just wait and see bro, the factors are all in place 40gb ps3 $399.99 will sell over the roof, 80gb $499.99 will sell over the roof, and the best line up this holiday season ps3 will sell over the roof!!The better the sales the better tha content they provide, more demos more movies more music vids etc..So far the ps3 has outsold the 360 by about 50k ww the past two weeks.

mM
Around the Network
RPGuy96 said:

You do know a 360 available at half the price of the PS3 could not out sell it.   Add insult to injury the PS3 was in a awfull software drought, while 360 had Forza GRAW BlueDragon TrustyBell.

Even with the Pr/marketing disaster PS3 went through the 360 faield to out sell it.

Those people behind the xbox sure as hell are not getiing a good nights sleep these days.

leo-j said:
RPGuy96 said:

Yep and its sold over 150k for july only so far. The ps3 is going to catch up fast just wait and see bro, the factors are all in place 40gb ps3 $399.99 will sell over the roof, 80gb $499.99 will sell over the roof, and the best line up this holiday season ps3 will sell over the roof!!The better the sales the better tha content they provide, more demos more movies more music vids etc..So far the ps3 has outsold the 360 by about 50k ww the past two weeks.

Why would the 80gb sell much more than the 60gb at the same 500 dollar price? 

"Suck on it" -vgchartz mod

leo-j said:
RPGuy96 said:

The 40GB model is still just a rumor so I don't think it is really worth adding in your list quite yet =P

PS - You may want to add a note to your sig explaining what those numbers mean....when are those predictions for?

To Each Man, Responsibility

Official numbers are out. Sony sold to retail 710,000 PS3s from Apr-Jun.

FishyJoe said:
Official numbers are out. Sony sold to retail 710,000 PS3s from Apr-Jun.

Some quick and dirty math tells me that VGChartz tracked the PS3 at ~870k over that time period. This would seem to indicate overtracking.

Edit: I should point out that it is possible VGChartz is still dead on. I don't know if there were enough consoles in the pipeline from the previous quarter to allow for this but it is well within the realm of possibility. I think more analysis will probably be needed regardless.

To Each Man, Responsibility