By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Can I Enjoy LBP?

Real question.

If I don't want to do ANY content creation beyond making characters, and I wasn't thinking of downloading levels to extend the experience, how satisfied would I be with just the bare bones game of LittleBigPlanet?

Can 4 people play the game on one console, or is it capped at 2 per console, with extra online?

Does anyone have the game that can comment on the game by itself? (story, characters, plot?)

Around the Network

4 people can play the game at once. The story takes about 6-7 hours perhaps total, with a ton of replay value for stuff to unlock. But I don't see why you would keep yourself to just that, you don't download other levels on your PS3, you just play them. It has no downside if your PS3 is online.

You can play with 4 characters at a time

You know you don't really have to download levels, you just select them from a menu and then play

Munkeh111 said:

You know you don't really have to download levels, you just select them from a menu and then play

I have no idea how the level thing works. Is it moreso you choose a level and it downloads for you, then you can play it (talking strictly about levels outside the main game)?

Dolla Dolla said:
Munkeh111 said:

I have no idea how the level thing works. Is it moreso you choose a level and it downloads for you, then you can play it (talking strictly about levels outside the main game)?

you choose the level, then about 10 seconds later, you're playing it.

Around the Network

I'm afraid you're incapable of feeling pleasure, so no you can't.

Dolla Dolla said:

Real question.

If I don't want to do ANY content creation beyond making characters, and I wasn't thinking of downloading levels to extend the experience, how satisfied would I be with just the bare bones game of LittleBigPlanet?

Can 4 people play the game on one console, or is it capped at 2 per console, with extra online?

Does anyone have the game that can comment on the game by itself? (story, characters, plot?)

Chances are you're not going to like it.  That's like asking if you think Warioware: Smooth Moves would be worth it if you had no intention of playing multiplayer.

Yes. 50 Levels and 4 Player coop. 6-7 hour game though. But YES!

4 ≈ One

You don't download levels. They're really streamed, I suppose.

Basically, you bring up the "Cool Levels" planet instead of the single player planet, select a level, and start playing. Online levels load about as fast as single player levels.

I went into the beta expecting to spend the entire time creating stuff. I ended up spending 90% of my time just playing other people's levels with friends. Even crappy levels were pretty fun, because when the level would break (and it usually would), me and whomever I was playing with would just start messing around, placing stickers everywhere, slapping each other, dragging each other around, etc.

Buy it.  You won't regret it.  The offline experience alone is worth it.

You would still probably enjoy it...but it won't be the best game of all time, or anything(the best parts are the custom levels, or at least they will be).

If you don't use multiplayer....you might want to rent. I think most people would agree with that, at least.(if you have the ability to rent, but this is not saying "don't buy it for single player" just that it won't be the 10/10 game you think it is without that added multiplayer element)

All the perfect reviews assume internet connectivity, cause the game is really about building and sharing levels, after the good single player campaign is done.

I mean...to me, the single player for CoD4 was worth the 50 bucks I paid for the game, easily. It's not about hours put into it. That said, this games single player is perfect for a couple weeks rental, if you dont' plan on playing it online, and/or you don't have a bunch of buddies with PS3's ready to show up at your house and play with you.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.