By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Can I Enjoy LBP?

ZenfoldorVGI said:

You would still probably enjoy it...but it won't be the best game of all time, or anything.

If you don't have an internet connection....you might want to rent or skip. I think most people would agree with that, at least.

All the perfect reviews assume internet connectivity, cause the game is really about building and sharing levels, after the good single player campaign is done.

you don't need an internet connection to create levels. some people get kicks by just creating. my brother wants this game just for the simple fact that he can use his creative side to enjoy this game. he doesn't even want to touch the online portion of this game. i know it's anecdotal, but i'm sure alot more people will enjoy just being creative in this game too.

Around the Network
DOATS1 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

You would still probably enjoy it...but it won't be the best game of all time, or anything.

If you don't have an internet connection....you might want to rent or skip. I think most people would agree with that, at least.

All the perfect reviews assume internet connectivity, cause the game is really about building and sharing levels, after the good single player campaign is done.

you don't need an internet connection to create levels. some people get kicks by just creating. my brother wants this game just for the simple fact that he can use his creative side to enjoy this game. he doesn't even want to touch the online portion of this game. i know it's anecdotal, but i'm sure alot more people will enjoy just being creative in this game too.

Yeah, I realize what I said might not go over well if people took it the wrong way, so I re-edited my post, to clarify what I meant. Also, your point of not needing interent is well taken, as long as you have friends and family to share your levels with, you're gravy.

The OP said that he didn't want to create levels anyway, so i kinda got off topic with the internet thing, which I was just using as a lazy substitute for "not using the level creator" and such.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

No matter what you will enjoy this game. Even if you are a machine or monster incapable of feeling joy, this game will make you smile. Rent it if you don't have your PS3 online and feel uncomfortable shelling out 60 bucks for a 6-7 hour game, but by all means play this game no matter what. And if your PS3 is online you'd be a fool not to go online and mess around.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
DOATS1 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Yeah, I realize what I said might not go over well if people took it the wrong way, so I re-edited my post, to clarify what I meant. Also, your point of not needing interent is well taken, as long as you have friends and family to share your levels with, you're gravy.

The OP said that he didn't want to create levels anyway, so i kinda got off topic with the internet thing, which I was just using as a lazy substitute for "not using the level creator" and such.

ah yes, i overlooked that.

I think one of the things I think I will really enjoy is the fact that the narrator is Stephen Fry. How awesome is that?

Around the Network

Stephen Fry does an awesome job as narrator.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

my question, why not play online? It's free takes the same amount of time to load as single player and its tons of fun!!!!!! No downloads onto your hard drive, and they are a blast to play. There is no reason to not play online, really, seriously?

Fact: Earthbound is the greatest game ever made

I have no intention of ever creating anything, but simply not playing online is taking away arguably the best aspect of this game.

It's all about the game.

lilwingman said:
I have no intention of ever creating anything, but simply not playing online is taking away arguably the best aspect of this game.

Who said anything about not playing online?

I was wondering what the experience would be like without downloading levels. From the feedback, it sounds like downloading is practically seamless, which is a huge plus.

Well that's the thing, there is no downloading levels. Playing online just means to play through the community levels with people. So if you can play online then you can play the user created content.