By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Miyamoto - Wii Music is hardcore? Hardcore = amount of time spent playing?

I do remember fooling around with the music stuff on Mario Paint for a while.

Around the Network

I really think Miyamoto doesn't distinguish between the two because it really never mattered to him. Miyamoto makes games for people and that's what he's always done. I don't think he's ever made a game to fit a certain stereotype but just make games that he wants to play. So when he's asked questions like this in reality it doesn't matter to him but for PR he has to say it a certain way. Is the game a hardcore game? Absolutely not considering its a pick up and play title. But neither is games like Halo or Gran Turismo so it's not like its in bad company which are also pick up and play titles.

SmokedHostage said:
Jo21 said:

miyamoto lost it.... confirmed :(

^^ GTA4 IS Casual.

at least in the US american culture.

even gramps play it.

I guess the highest rated PS3 game is a CASUAL game then..

And people complain about the Wii being casual..

there is a catch.

GTA4 its high budget, great quality game.

in comparison the casual shovelware the wii gets... even nintendo makes them (wii music)

well it sell tons good for them, but i'm not touching that thing unless its a straight AAA title, with a high budget and epic gameplay or storyline.

I think this is why people love Miyamoto.

Can't offer anything for hardcore gamers this year?? Why not deny and change the definition of the word to your liking?

I think Microsoft and Sony need to do this.

"Yes, I think RRoD is not any problem at all. We all know that 33% failure rate is Industry standard"!

"Yes, PS3 is doing awesome!!! We are intended to lose all this money, for tax benefits"

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Okay... what is this discussion about? Have any of you read the damn quote?

That said, Miyamoto believes that Wii Music will prove as time-intensive as any other offering. "I think you'll find people who are as hardcore playing Wii Music as any other game," he said. "I have found that, as a single player, you can spend over three hours arranging a single song. Since there's 50 songs, simple math tells you that you can spend 150 hours playing it--and that's just by yourself. I am actually getting concerned about how much I'm playing it!"

Again, I ask: what is wrong with this? Reading comprehension is key. (I doubt he even said that in english, anyway)

edit: You can replace Wii Music with almost any other game and the statement will still be true.

Around the Network

I'm sorry, I missed the part where he says Wii Music is hardcore.

Oh, that's right. He didn't. He said YOU (as in the gamer) can be HARDCORE playing Wii Music depending on how much time you dedicate to the game.

I thought that's what distinguished hardcore players from casuals. You play a lot of games and you put a lot of time into games. Casual players are pick up and play. They don't invest time like hardcore players do.

Yes, Miyamoto has lost it. That's why he's one of the most influential game developers of our time.

Thread title fails.

Dolla Dolla said:
I'm sorry, I missed the part where he says Wii Music is hardcore.

Oh, that's right. He didn't. He said YOU (as in the gamer) can be HARDCORE playing Wii Music depending on how much time you dedicate to the game.

I thought that's what distinguished hardcore players from casuals. You play a lot of games and you put a lot of time into games. Casual players are pick up and play. They don't invest time like hardcore players do.

Yes, Miyamoto has lost it. That's why he's one of the most influential game developers of our time.

Thread title fails.

That's what it used to mean before people needed a buzzword to needlessly marginilize game sales.

Now hardcore games are the only games that feature blast processing.

Note for the younger:  Blast processing was a made up term to marginlize games people didn't like in the 16 bit era.  Such games weren't as good as others because they didn't feature blast processing. (In the minds of sega fanboys anyway.)

Ah the Genisis.  The start of fanboy denial and console wars... more or less anyway,

Jo21 said:
SmokedHostage said:
Jo21 said:

miyamoto lost it.... confirmed :(

^^ GTA4 IS Casual.

at least in the US american culture.

even gramps play it.

I guess the highest rated PS3 game is a CASUAL game then..

And people complain about the Wii being casual..

there is a catch.

GTA4 its high budget, great quality game.

in comparison the casual shovelware the wii gets... even nintendo makes them (wii music)

well it sell tons good for them, but i'm not touching that thing unless its a straight AAA title, with a high budget and epic gameplay or storylinefin

And why does this need to be in this thread?  Nobody cares if you only want to play AAA epic games, go find the AAA epic game thread.  This thread is a bunch of garbage with some trolls and people with no reading comprehension.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

kingofwale said:

Can't offer anything for hardcore gamers this year?? Why not deny and change the definition of the word to your liking?

"Yes, I think RRoD is not any problem at all. We all know that 33% failure rate is Industry standard"!

"Yes, PS3 is doing awesome!!! We are intended to lose all this money, for tax benefits"

they said they actually were loosing money intented,  they choose to make a console like ps3 ages ago..

and m$ did knew about RROD and ignored it, they hoped it would go unnoticed... but california its sueing.

kingofwale said:

Oh this is cute.  Haha it's like you are confusing the stereotype of "hardcore" with the actual meaning of hardcore haha.  I'm sorry your just as cute as those LBP characters now.  But seriously thinking ignorance is cute is just silly because I might as well think mental retardation is downright adorable.  Stole that from the boondocks but you get my point.  Don't try to diss someone if you just can't get even the simplest of things correct.  Of course if it was so simple I guess all these little kids would understand the difference but I guess critical thinking is no longer a value of the human culture.