By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I Believe..The End Of The 360 - A 360 Fanboy's Point Of View

I doubt this will be MS's last console.

others have said it before, "they will stick around at least as long as sony tries to take over our living rooms"

MS can bleed for a long time before they die... but I wouldn't mind that at all.

Around the Network

Cheer up man, the 360 is a great console.

I bet Halo 3 will have online co-op. Also Halo >>>>>> Haze even if Haze had 4 player co-op.

Though I wanna try and see what 4 player co-op in a shooter plays like. That Army of Two game's co-op is gonna kill the co-op in all other shooters from what I have seen so far.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

I thought Bungie pretty much confirmed that there wouldn't be online co-op in Halo?

Edit: This is what I read: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/806/806090p1.html

It basically says that there's a rumor that in EGM next month someone from Bungie said online co-op might not happen at launch. So this is probably just a rumor and nothing more.... like MGS on 360. All just rumors.  

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Sounds like gebx found the worst case scenario in each situation.

"IF YOU ONLY KNEW THE POW-WAH OF THE DARK SIDE!" 

TheSource said:
I don't see 360 doing less than 35 million worldwide. I think 40-45 million is much more realistic, and upto 50-60 million is still possible I'd say.

The current backlash at Microsoft for the 360 issue's is a real downer...  I don't see this happening anymore.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network

Microsoft has failed at everything - EVERYTHING - that they haven't been able to use their original monopoly on MS-DOS to leverage. Why should this be any different?

I see the 360 ending the generation at 40 million or so. I doubt they will abandon the console race if this is the case. People are also way overestimating the effect of the PS3 price drop... it happened 2 weeks ago, give sales time to settle back down to the normal level. The 360 isn't going to die.

DarkNight_DS said:
TheSource said:
I don't see 360 doing less than 35 million worldwide. I think 40-45 million is much more realistic, and upto 50-60 million is still possible I'd say.

The current backlash at Microsoft for the 360 issue's is a real downer... I don't see this happening anymore.

Look long-term - not just "right now". If you pick any "instant" and extrapolate it to the entire generation, all sorts of wierd things happen (i.e. PS3 flopping harder than DC, and Sonylosing 90% of their marketshare).

As long as MS can fix the RRoD issue - permanently - they will be fine. But if we keep getting reports of it (and with new models), then they will self-destruct. Might as well dump the 360, move onto the next console - and make it work properly.

Sort of ironic, isn't it...

MS - Dump old manufacturing system (from Xbox1), to maximise profits. Release as early as possible to get "first mover" advantage. Sell heaps, then collapse from hardware issues. End up costing them billion plus, in warranty / other issues.

Sony - Take a long, long time to get the hardware right. Launch at a very high price point. Start almost 10m units behind the 360, losing a lot of money per unit, and struggling to sell enough units @ competitive price (for company). Hardware is rock solid when it launches (though is still a pain to develop for). Costs them heaps of money in manufacturing/sales losses.

I still think I'd rather be in MS's shoes. They can recover more easily, have solid software sales from established user base - and SDK/software for 360 is more advanced/established at any point in time.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

DonWii said:
Hehehe... I am avoiding this one...

leo-j said:
avoiding this one ^ ^ ^ ^

If you post and say your avoiding this one... are you really avoiding it?

... or are you not inhaling?

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

*sigh* I see lots of people failed basic math.

1 data point tells you nothing.
2 data points gives you a line, but not a trend.
3 data points begins to reveal a pattern. Maybe.
A few dozen data points confirms the pattern.

I can't believe the number of people willing to write off the 360 after one bad week.