By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Analysis: PS3 selling more games than Xbox 360 with smaller install base

ultimate_123 said:
Its because it has a lower userbase. Any good console with a lower user-base sells extraodinarily well. But the thing is the 360 is still outselling most multiplats on the Ps3 as well 2:1??

thats depending on the title

games like PES FIFA and racing , japanese games (JRPG, MGS,  devil may cry ) sell better on the ps3.

but games like NBA, NHL, FPS, GTA4 will sell similar or better on the 360.

since europe is buying overall more software... its giving the edge to ps3.

same thing will happen on GT, FF13 (half of it sales come from japan always average its around 2 million), Last remant are released on the ps3, due legs as eternal sonata/ enchanted arms shows with legs, ps3 version sell almost the same 360 version.

square and polyphony will get huge profits.

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
Wait. I thought all ps3s were bought for Blu-Ray??

Yup, I also thought it had no games...

revenue doesn't equal profit.

Gamerblorge, haha these geniuses again. These guys are the bottom of the barrel in the industry. Had they actually done their homework they would know that is not even close to correct. Try again says Pachter.

http://www.blog.newsweek.com/blogs/levelup/archive/2008/08/04/pachter-on-apparent-ps3-dominance-among-third-parties.aspx

In the last year alone the 360 did roughly 2X the earnings for EA over the PS3. Not to mention two to three of those developers had exclusives on the console some being very big indeed.

In the US alone this year it is something like 70% (360) to 30% (PS3) per EDGE.

US as of July NPD:

Estimated YTD third party sales:

Xbox 360 16.5 million
Wii 13.4 million
PS3 ~7 million

What will be telling however is this weeks EA numbers.

Xen said:
makingmusic476 said:

Yup, I also thought it had no games...

Y-you mean, I've been living a lie??!?!!

joking =)

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:

They were, for Blu-ray games ;p

mM

oh god what kind of crap story this??? its almost like that dude didn't do his home work at all. Its nice to see some high number yield on the PS3 side but can he atleast be more analytical with a clearer show on the data? come on Show me the games have been released on each console during that quarter. if my memory is correct, those three company concentrated heavily releasing titles for the PS3 during that quarter.

makingmusic476 said:

No!

I heard PS3 doesn't sell games!

makingmusic476 said:

That's only what the people who want you to think Blu-ray is a success are saying.  (Well and fanboys.)

I mean I know of at least one PS3 that wasn't bought at all for Blu-ray purposes.

Still... the numbers are fairly meaningless without further detail into the numbers, like costs, profits, and what games were released.

Best numbers to go buy are the ones on the charts, NPD, Media crate... and the random Europeon tracking agencies.

Pk9394 said:
oh god what kind of crap story this??? its almost like that dude didn't do his home work at all. Its nice to see some high number yield on the PS3 side but can he atleast be more analytical with a clearer show on the data? come on Show me the games have been released on each console during that quarter. if my memory is correct, those three company concentrated heavily releasing titles for the PS3 during that quarter.

Spin doctors from the videogame ER in full effect for the holiday season, expect more bs from both sides as the season matures.