By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT review of FABLE II

Words Of Wisdom said:
That review sounded kind of... fake. I heard the phrase "it makes you think" or variations of it too much and parts sounded like they came right out of a reviewer guide or something.

I got the feeling it only makes you think if you're going gung ho good or evil.  If you don't give a crap about alignment it really doesn't make you think at all from what I can see.  Also, if you're going evil I imagine the only thing you really have to think about is killing people in town and how that affects the economy. 

If you're going good (which the person in the video review was doing, look at the blue on the face) you really have to make some tough choices.

Around the Network
twesterm said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
That review sounded kind of... fake. I heard the phrase "it makes you think" or variations of it too much and parts sounded like they came right out of a reviewer guide or something.

I got the feeling it only makes you think if you're going gung ho good or evil.  If you don't give a crap about alignment it really doesn't make you think at all from what I can see.  Also, if you're going evil I imagine the only thing you really have to think about is killing people in town and how that affects the economy. 

If you're going good (which the person in the video review was doing, look at the blue on the face) you really have to make some tough choices.

The thing I didn't like about Fable was that the good and evil looks were... lame.  It would be nice to choose how you look as you get more evil for example.  Instead I hear you just get a strange rash and an eye infection.

Words Of Wisdom said:
twesterm said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

The thing I didn't like about Fable was that the good and evil looks were... lame.  It would be nice to choose how you look as you get more evil for example.  Instead I hear you just get a strange rash and an eye infection.

Yeah, that would be really cool, especially since they're into character custimization with the hair, clothes, and dyes.

twesterm said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
twesterm said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

Yeah, that would be really cool, especially since they're into character custimization with the hair, clothes, and dyes.

In Fable TLC for the PC, I basically removed aging, scarring, a few other things while adding a few more and even eventually playing with using different models for the main character.   I think I had more fun digging through the files to tweak the game to be more enjoyable for me than actually playing it.

That's why I'm waiting for the PC version of Fable II.  Being able to tweak it to play the way I want is much more entertaining than playing it as-is (or it will be if it's anything like TLC).

il be skipping this

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

The game is great so far. The story is meh, typical revenge story. The gameplay, while not perfect, is still fantastic. I spent a lot of time raising a family, making money, and doing quests. The VA is excellent. I do think that the expessions can be a little tedious too use to make people like you. There are bugs in the game but it is a WRPG and they all have them so that is to be expected. Overall, this is a excellent game aside from the cliched story and minor bugs.

Good score I might give it a try someday.

twesterm said:
goddog said:

also though good and evil is more balanced in this one than the last, i do want more choices in the next one, its still too extream to either end, and not enough grey.... 

Yeah, I was really surprised at the lack of augments.  I had held off on buying them and just used my two legendary weapons (the hammer and cleaver) until I found some better ones.  I thought there were going to be some cool elemental ones but they were all pretty lame.  It wasn't until I saw that what I'm pretty sure are the best two (ghoul and gold touch) became available to me that I realized there probably aren't going to any other ones worthwhile unless you just have to find them.

goddog said:
DMeisterJ said:
twesterm said:
DMeisterJ said:

I mostly like the Real Estate and leveling up of the game. Using new spells, getting new powers, and raising prices of your houses/stores is so much fun.

I'm going to own Bowerstone before I'm done with the game so I can get the king title.

That's what I'm trying to do now.  I almost have the market on a lock, just need to buy the weapons shop, two houses, and the bar.  Then I'm going to old Bowerstone.

owning everything is so cool, you can manipulate the economies of other towns, by changing rates of sales, and rent... its cool that each area responds to the other...... also i always recomend buying the bar first make more money that way. 

I thought things like bars and shops only made you money while you were playing though?

That's why I haven't bought many of them yet, I've just been mainly buying homes and a few shops that I know I can sell things to.

no you get full bling even afterward though it does hurt your monies drasticaly if you say slaughter the whole town.... which i do ocasionaly with my evil character 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Twesterm, magic is very powerful. You can attain a terribly powerful combo long before you can buy those master weapons with two slots. And magic doesn't cost money =D

@lol at skeeuk: do you do anything besides downplaying the 360 while flashing that ps3 ad in your sig?

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).