By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT review of FABLE II

zexen_lowe said:

Interesting. I'll give it a try when it comes out for PC, the orginal game was good but it was missing something to make it stand out, I'm disappointed that the story still seems to be bad (I'm basing this on the Gamespot review), but id the combat is solid I may enjoy it

The story isn't anything amazing or really memorable so far but it isn't bad.  It's solid but I'm guessing I know what happens in the end (SPOILER I'm guessing Theresa is OMG a bad guy too so the game has an interesting twist since every game has to have one of those).

Around the Network
twesterm said:
zexen_lowe said:

Interesting. I'll give it a try when it comes out for PC, the orginal game was good but it was missing something to make it stand out, I'm disappointed that the story still seems to be bad (I'm basing this on the Gamespot review), but id the combat is solid I may enjoy it

The story isn't anything amazing or really memorable so far but it isn't bad.  It's solid but I'm guessing I know what happens in the end (SPOILER I'm guessing Theresa is OMG a bad guy too so the game has an interesting twist since every game has to have one of those).

Is it better than Fable's story? Take into account that I thought that Fable's story was horrible and very cliched, almost to a Dragon Quest VIII-level quality (not that bad, though)

I won't read the spoiler, by the way

darthdevidem01 said:
@twesterm

HOW DARE YOU INSULT THE DOG!!!!

I'm sorry, but the dog is more annoying than cool.  He's good for finding treasure but that's about it.  It's interesting how they make him act (he loves to swim) but they haven't really made me make a connection to him yet. 

The only reason I missed him in the tattered spire was because that meant I actually had to search for treasure.

And I guess there was another time I was worried about my dog-- I accidently got him stuck behind a door I couldn't open.  He ran back to bark at some digging spot but I was following an NPC so kept going farward because I didn't want them to die.  The door slammed behind me and the dog was stuck.  I was worried I wasn't going to get my dog back but 5 or so minutes later he faded in by me.

radha said:

Note: this is in general gaming because the game will come to PC. No fanboys and no flaming Please

simply lol

sry, but I can't take you serious

zexen_lowe said:
twesterm said:
zexen_lowe said:

Is it better than Fable's story? Take into account that I thought that Fable's story was horrible and very cliched, almost to a Dragon Quest VIII-level quality (not that bad, though)

I don't rememb er Fable's story too well other than the sister part.  Fable II is a pretty cliched revenge quest but honestly, how many games stories today aren't uber cliched?

It's solid and interesting enough to keep you going forward.

And the spoiler text above is just a guess that I hope doesn't come true.  I only place it in black in the off unfortunate chance I'm right.  (and nobody better tell me if I'm write of wrong )

Around the Network

So is this game comming to PC or not lol?

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

twesterm said:
zexen_lowe said:
twesterm said:
zexen_lowe said:

I don't rememb er Fable's story too well other than the sister part.  Fable II is a pretty cliched revenge quest but honestly, how many games stories today aren't uber cliched?

It's solid and interesting enough to keep you going forward.

And the spoiler text above is just a guess that I hope doesn't come true.  I only place it in black in the off unfortunate chance I'm right.  (and nobody better tell me if I'm write of wrong )

Well, I find there are some, most JRPGs I play have pretty good stories (Suikoden, Xenosaga, Chrono Cross, Persona, SMT, Star Ocean, to name a few), some WRPGs (namely KotOR and, to a lesser extent, Mass Effect) have avoided well the clichedness. I not hoping for a radically different story (I know it's unrealistic to expect it here), but at least make it seem that the story wasn't thought five minutes before the game went gold as a mean to connect all the scenarios and locations of the game

Everstar said:
So is this game comming to PC or not lol?

It hasn't been announced, but it's a game that everybody knows by the end of next year will be a PC version available. Just like everybody knew that there would be PC versions of Mass Effect and GTA IV even though the developers were denying it

After all, the original Fable was ported, I don't see why this wouldn't. It's like Gears 2, CliffyB can say all he wants, but it will come to PC just like the original unevitabily (not that I care if it does, though)

I like the dog.

I don't mind the unskippable cutscenes, but the dog has no collision detection. He goes through fences, trees, you, whatever is in your way. I thought he was Superdog or something... lol.

The story is good, but it feels like the same premise of the first-ish. I won't go into spoilers, but it basically has to do with vengence, which is what the first one entailed, IIRC.

I mostly like the Real Estate and leveling up of the game. Using new spells, getting new powers, and raising prices of your houses/stores is so much fun.

If this was the first Fable, I'd be much more impressed, as the game throws off a "been there, done that" vibe.

So what you are saying is that a Fable noob (me) will enjoy it much more than someone who played the first game?