By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokémon RPG for Wii?

Pokemon is meant to be a face to face social experience. That's why there is no full console rpg. That's why it appeals to kids, a large number of adults, and a handful of teens. If they did a console version it would lack the face to face charm that keeps the series going. Theres a different between sales and being memorable. Many mass sellers won't be well remembered 10-20 years from now.

However Pokemon seems likes it's going on forever.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Around the Network

They should remake yellow on the wii. Just Yellow, nothing more and nothing less. (it would sell millions)

no, it will happen for sure!!

maybe after a year or something, they always release a pokemon PRG for consoles!

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

Acevil said:
They should remake yellow on the wii. Just Yellow, nothing more and nothing less. (it would sell millions)

Yellow would be awesome to have on the Wii.

Of course, I'm open to a completely new version as well. =D

I tend to agree that Pokemon is too important as a handheld title to be released on the consoles.

Would be pretty neat if they could afford it, though.

Around the Network

A Console Pokemon, much like a handheld Smash Bros, is Nintendo's perpetual backup plan. It's like a rainy day guarantee. Of course, you'd think they'd have put one on the Cube for just that purpose.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

The Pokemon games were designed so that people could interact with their friends everywere and easily. A console Pokemon would go against that not being portable.

Pretendo said:
The Pokemon games were designed so that people could interact with their friends everywere and easily. A console Pokemon would go against that not being portable.

I think Pokemon would work quite well online.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Funny that people say Pokemon was a social game. Everyone I know played Pokemon by themselves and never traded.

A real Pokemon RPG for Wii would be awesome. Full 3D world and everything. Id love to see it happen but doubt its ever going to.

Off Topic - Pokemon is included in Spell Check now! Shows you how big it is.XD

Traditionally, Ninty puts their best Zelda and mario on the console, and the best pokemon on handheld.

However, New Super Mario Bros, Mario Kart DS, Mario Party DS, Super Mario Bros 64 DS remake are all good games, and've sold many copies

Perhaps its time for good pokemon games to come to the Wii