By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokémon RPG for Wii?

Why is there no Pokémon RPG for Wii? I mean a game like "Pokémon Pearl" not this crappy "Pokémon Battle Revolution. A RPG would sell millions of copies, especially on a casual platform like the Wii and maybe it would attract more hardcore gamers to buy a Wii. Do you think they'll announce one during this current generation or the next.. or maybe never? And how many copies do you think would it sell?

Take a look at my photos on flickr

Around the Network

I don't think they'll make one. It would be possibly the best selling Pokemon in years. I'm talking about 10 million+, but Nintendo seems to not like the idea at all. I wish it happened though.

It's just dumb for Nintendo to ignore such a great chance they have to make millions and expand the Pokemon brand even more. That thing alone would move at least a couple million Wiis in Japan.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Yes I think they'll make one and it will do 10million +.

Gamecube had a couple of pokemon rpg titles,I hope they just give us pokemon stadium 3.
But I think there's a possibility that they might be working on a pokemon RPG right now.

"Kinect" Games I am really excited about (Click for videos)

Kinectimals        Dance Central      Kinect-Sports   Kinect-Adventures    Your Shape       Kinect-Forza

Owner of :   slim 1000 +  80GB DSlite

@krimoz911: Not that kind of RPG, that was a linear one with no exploration at all. I'm talking about a Pokemon RPG on the veins of the Handheld ones. That would be giant!

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

Genius Sonority (or whatever their name is) has made subpar Pokemon games on the Gamecube and Wii. XD: Gale of Darkness and Battle Revolution were boring.. If anything, Hal Laboratory should just make a new Pokemon Stadium.

Pixel Art can be fun.

They haven't made one because Nintendo is stupid... a Pokemon MMORPG would be HUGE

lightbleeder said:
They haven't made one because Nintendo is stupid... a Pokemon MMORPG would be HUGE

Can you imagine the animation budget it would take to have over 300 moves spread across over 300 pokemon withou recycling animations like they did in Stadium?

Just imagine the time it would take to animate a single pokemon's move list and all the moves it can learn by TM/HM... without recycling animations.  It's staggering.

Pokemon is the entire reason Nintendo kept handheld dominance. If they brought superior PKMN gaming to consoles - removing the advantage that their handhelds have - then they could end up giving their grip on the handheld market a weakness, allowing the competition to move in.

SW-5120-1900-6153

@theonestarr: No... Zelda, Mario, F-Zero, Donkey Kong, Fire Emblem all showed that both versions can coexist. For example NSMB is a higher success than SMG, but both are huge successes. One being successful doesn't mean the other won't be. In fact adding connectivity to both the Wii and DS versions would make this a HUGE sales success, I believe it could create a gaming revolution.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies