By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Analyst’s Predicts a Massive Q4 for 360, Possibly Cracking 10 million Units

Man, that prediction is worse than most on this forum. And that is saying something.

Around the Network

The ten million prediction is waaaayyyy off but I think it will fly off the shelves at 200 dollars esp with GOW2 coming out

I could see 5m.

What annoys me is he reads Vgchartz. So he probably just looked at the aligned shipped figures i put in the "360 to Pass Xbox" bit and applied his warped logic to it.

You have to remember that even DS has only 8m shipped in a quarter twice - thats at a cheaper price, as a disruptive product, with more games, and less competition and stronger sales in all three regions than the Xbox 360 has ever managed. Even the best DS quarter to date has been about 11.15m in 3 months.

Wii is going to get near 10m since Nintendo is making 51m Wiis shipped the target for March 31, and since they've only shipped ~35m through Sept 30 (official shipment figures come later this week from Nintendo's quarterly report)

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

I saw analysts and crack in the same sentance and giggled.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

TheSource said:

I could see 5m.

What annoys me is he reads Vgchartz. So he probably just looked at the aligned shipped figures i put in the "360 to Pass Xbox" bit and applied his warped logic to it.

You have to remember that even DS has only 8m shipped in a quarter twice - thats at a cheaper price, as a disruptive product, with more games, and less competition and stronger sales in all three regions than the Xbox 360 has ever managed. Even the best DS quarter to date has been about 11.15m in 3 months.

Wii is going to get near 10m since Nintendo is making 51m Wiis shipped the target for March 31, and since they've only shipped ~35m through Sept 30 (official shipment figures come later this week from Nintendo's quarterly report)

I thnk the Wii is going to sell NuCkin FuTs this holiday season because it'll probably be readily available.

Around the Network

Ten million is improbable, but not necessarily impossible. However we are talking about all of the planets aligning properly, and the price reaching the kind of paramount importance that the author believes it will. Honestly at that level of importance Microsoft will have killed Sony off by the end of the holiday season.

I hate to apply logic to the way that Sony has done things with their newest console. However I think even in that deluded world if the 360 starts to trounce the PS3 by four, five, or six to one. Well I think Sony might at least panic, or concede. In either case no matter how much they would lose they would slash the prices. Even if it was just a clearance on a line before they discontinue production. Just so they would not be left with assets they cannot sell taking up space in a warehouse.

I just do not think the competition would take it lightly, and Microsoft would need for the response to go unnoticed by consumers. I suppose the competition could respond irrationally they have done so in the past, but that would just be shocking.

Selling nine million in Japan well within the real of reality that is just plain impossible. There is no way especially in this current climate for that nations console market to more then double.

when you say sony lost i hope you meant for 1st place.

It appears that he is using Fall 06 as the basis for his argument. Wasn't this the quarter that MS stuffed the channel with millions of excess 360s, just to claim 10m in sales? They then shipped 1.2 million over the next 6 months.

MS will end the year with 27-28M shipped. 10M is ridicolous...

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Haha wow and he gets paid when I could explain perfectly why he is wrong. Is that justice? I think not.