By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fallout 3 ,will you buy it?

so there is no Downloadable Content For ps3??..omg

I think now i have to think twice should i get this game =="

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
BeTa77 said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
I don't want to. Bethesda's games are always mediocre.

But... it's... Fallout...

I've got to stay strong and resist temptation.

Bethesdas games are not "mediocre" oblivion was, but obviously you have never played the classic Elder Scroll's, i mean (Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind)

When did Morrowind become a classic? O.o

Anyway, I have Morrowind and the expansions (Tribunal/Bloodmoon) for the PC. I played it for a little while, got bored, stopped playing it. A couple years later, I came back, downloaded every mod I could that looked fun, and played it again.

The game itself is crap. Utter crap. The story is boring, the characters shallow, the plot is uninteresting, and outside of just exploring and messing around there is almost nothing worthwhile in Morrowind. Also, Learn-By-Doing is the single worst alternative system ever created in the history of video games. I don't want to spend 5 hours hopping up and down to be able to soar through the air. That's not fun. That's not interesting. That's tedium.

The most fun I had was just experimenting with mods and the first time I saw that giant Statue Of Liberty-esqe thing on the coast (Ashura/Asura monument I think it was called). The mods are the only reason I ever bothered to even finish it. That's the thing that made Oblivion crappy too. They kept many of the worst elements of Morrowind, made minor improvements, updated the graphics, and called it a new game. I didn't even want to play Oblivion after it first came out because (like Morrowind) it's mostly garbage without mods.

Bethesda gets a heck of a lot more credit than they deserve for Elder Scrolls games (especially Morrowind) because stupid people enjoy jumping up and down for 5 hours straight while wandering through the drab environments fighting the same 3 enemies over and over.

/rant

It seems that Morrowind is one of those games that you either hate it or love it.  A lot of people hate it because of the reasons mentioned above.  A lot of people love it because of the open-endness that other games just didn't seem to offer.  And yes, jumping for hours is tedious.  But it was cool when you could soar thru the air anytime you wanted to.  That character bulding stuff is addictive (and the enemies did not lvl up with you when you did it).

EPP said:

rocketpig said:
EPP said:
Well, Oblivion wasn't as bad as some people here may say. Of course, it lacked depth, story and characters and the combat was boring (oh god damnit, I hate those goblins. Especially as a highlevel character. They take so many hits!) .. but it entertained me for a pretty long time. Alright, probably just because of the user-made PlugIns.. they were awesome!

As much as I blast Bethesda, this is one aspect they really get right with their games. The mod abilities are fantastic, though completely useless if you own a console, which is how I'm gaming right now.

Ohh, snap! Can't imagine playing Oblivion on a console.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
SleepWaking said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
mtofu said:
whew... i was considering buying this but if it's like oblivion then i'm out.

i read above that it could be played in a mode other than first person... how do you do this? i might try it again if it's possible.

I know you'll probably do this anyway, but I would suggest reading a few reviews once the game comes out, rather than making your decision based on folks assumptions about the game.

it really is like oblivion, though it has some issues taken care off.

Obviously the game is somewhat like Oblivion. It could be a mod of Oblivion.

However, Oblivion's main flaw didn't lie in its engine(and its general flaws, for the record, are heavily overemphasized in this thread) but its lack of immersion.

I don't think that people here realize why they didn't like Oblivion. Listing off bullet point flaws is appliable to everyblabliblubb [...]

Well, if you are right, Fallout 3 should be great. A nice gory package with pitch black humour and a bunch of round characters, I hope.

yes it is gory, humour mmm they tried but it is not really close to the first fallouts, some characters are interesthing this time, but not all.

looks like a good game i may pick it up after xmas, il buy it used

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Senlis said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
BeTa77 said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
I don't want to. Bethesda's games are always mediocre.

But... it's... Fallout...

I've got to stay strong and resist temptation.

Bethesdas games are not "mediocre" oblivion was, but obviously you have never played the classic Elder Scroll's, i mean (Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind)

When did Morrowind become a classic? O.o

Anyway, I have Morrowind and the expansions (Tribunal/Bloodmoon) for the PC. I played it for a little while, got bored, stopped playing it. A couple years later, I came back, downloaded every mod I could that looked fun, and played it again.

The game itself is crap. Utter crap. The story is boring, the characters shallow, the plot is uninteresting, and outside of just exploring and messing around there is almost nothing worthwhile in Morrowind. Also, Learn-By-Doing is the single worst alternative system ever created in the history of video games. I don't want to spend 5 hours hopping up and down to be able to soar through the air. That's not fun. That's not interesting. That's tedium.

The most fun I had was just experimenting with mods and the first time I saw that giant Statue Of Liberty-esqe thing on the coast (Ashura/Asura monument I think it was called). The mods are the only reason I ever bothered to even finish it. That's the thing that made Oblivion crappy too. They kept many of the worst elements of Morrowind, made minor improvements, updated the graphics, and called it a new game. I didn't even want to play Oblivion after it first came out because (like Morrowind) it's mostly garbage without mods.

Bethesda gets a heck of a lot more credit than they deserve for Elder Scrolls games (especially Morrowind) because stupid people enjoy jumping up and down for 5 hours straight while wandering through the drab environments fighting the same 3 enemies over and over.

/rant

It seems that Morrowind is one of those games that you either hate it or love it.  A lot of people hate it because of the reasons mentioned above.  A lot of people love it because of the open-endness that other games just didn't seem to offer.  And yes, jumping for hours is tedious.  But it was cool when you could soar thru the air anytime you wanted to.  That character bulding stuff is addictive (and the enemies did not lvl up with you when you did it).

NPC's do not level up with you in Fallout 3!!!

Around the Network

@sleepwaking
I was refering to oblivion

Senlis said:

@sleepwaking
I was refering to oblivion

I know but this thread is about fallout 3 and I thought your where also under the impression this was the case in fallout, sorry.

vlad321 said:
Pristine20 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Pristine20 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Pristine20 said:
I don't think Bethesda is really interested in ps3 sales...a skip for me.

You're skipping the game because its developers aren't PS3 fanboys?

Nice try Zen.

I'm skipping because I don't think I should be paying the same for less value. No DLC? what if I actually enjoyed the game and wanted more? I refuse to tolerate second class treatment and like a popular saying goes "put your money where your mouth is". I don't like the treatment of the ps3 version so I refuse to pay $60 for it...simple really

That's Sony and/or Microsoft's fault, not Bethesdas. Sony refuses to support 3rd parties, and MS wants to make their console the premier home for multiplats, with cash.

It's like not supporting them because they earned money.

You reall can't blame Bethesda for that.

Oh well, it seems like most developers choose money over gamers (sony included). I'm sick of this attitude and use my money as a vote to stop it. If they lost enough sales on ps3 to displace the money M$ paid or sony refused to pay them then perhaps they'd do things differently next time.

How about this, buy the game on PC, not only does the PC generally get free DLC, fan made mods and content is endless and always free. I too share share your dilemma of how developers have started to care only for money. I'm appalled by the number of flawed game designs my PC games have had because of consoles....

See? I can pull off the same BS as you can

OT: Dind'nt bethesda say they are not including modding software in this because some idiot removed the clothes off of NPCs in Oblivion?

I don't play games on PC...never have, never will.

Who are you to decide what I should do with my money? you think PC versions are gimped and keep buying them? I actually used to hear that the PC versions were the best ...oh well it's not my place to decide

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Another thing some have mentioned was how bad the E3 demo sucked. I completely agree. However, what peaked my interest of the game was the later demo with Sessler where they showed the stuff that they couldn't show in the E3 demo. The game really looks fun, it just had a bad showing at E3. Give it a second chance.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Roma said:
no, most of the stuff i have seen is crap in my opinion.... sorry

I'm pretty sure that if I said that about an exclusive PS3 game, I'd get lambased for trolling, but let me ask you...what have you seen?

Half a video here, half a video there nothing griping and new in it, at least I haven’t watched a video far enough to see anything new :P

I wasn’t trolling I was answering the question and I gave it and a reason. If I said just “no” that would be as spamming :P for not having much content in my post…   

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(