By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MGS4... Why Do Wii60 Fans Keep Wanting It?

NeoRatt said:

Wii fans really don't care because everyone is playing Mario or cooking with mama and having fun rather than reading this or any other forum. (Really should get away from the Wii as eye strain is not good and having that much fun will over work the cheek muscles).

I have ZERO interest in MGS. Tried t play the first (PS1) couldn't do it. Tried to play Sons of Liberty - failed again. Watched my housemate finish most of the game (found a lot of it repetitive and boring IMO).

Thought that I had to give it another go.

Picked up "Twin Snakes" for the GC. Never got past the very start. Game annoyed the hell out of me. Never went back to it.

In absolute truth, I must have played less of that game - than any other game I owned on the GC. And that includes some real stinkers - such as Turok (which I picked up for about $10 for a laugh).

Its just not me. 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

i have a wii, and i dont want this game. i will have ps3 in future, but i do not want the game either. so the title isn't accurate imo

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

Ari_Gold said:
how could anyone hate MGS. its such a great series. Great gameplay and story. The voice acting is the best in video game history. People like to talk shit for no reason.

Actually I dislike MGS gameplay, but I do love the plot and music.

Edit: It should be noted that my like of the plot and music is not nearly enough for me to be particularly interested in this game.  It's just sort of... there.  I understand that a lot of people really want it but it's not even in my top 20 most anticipated games of the generation. 

I don't really give a f*** if MGS4 doesn't come to the Wii, I'll get it when it comes to PC with extras, better graphics and cra.... :D

twesterm said:
I didn't even know Wii owners wanted MGS4 on the Wii...

Red Rover, red Rover, Wii call Sly Cooper over!  That's the game I want to see on the Wii!  Though a port of MGS4 would be ok...  I loved the first game on the PS1, the second game was just too boring and the third was just more of the same. 

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network
Ari_Gold said:
how could anyone hate MGS. its such a great series. Great gameplay and story. The voice acting is the best in video game history. People like to talk shit for no reason.

People can dislike MGS the same way a person can dislike first person shooters, puzzle games, pet games, and racing games. People have different tastes. The problem with the MGS series in my oppinion is that the actual gameplay is dull. The stories are fantastic and the graphics this generation are top notch but it moves too slow imo. I hate how enemies respawn, how the game stalls when you are missing a key item and you have to  comb the entire game for it, and it has way too much tactical for my tastes. That's not to say I didn't like this style of game at one time but something more intense would be nice. I'm not dissing it because I'm hating Sony or Konami cause I've kind of grown out of Zelda as well. I do want to say again though that the story telling in MGS is unparalleled. I rank it even above the Final Fantasy series.

ItsaMii said:

Now I feel like some kind of anti-DonWii. Maybe it is DonWii that is the anti-ItsaMii. My head hurts.

Wario and Mario of vgchartz...

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

naznatips said:
Ari_Gold said:

Actually I dislike MGS gameplay, but I do love the plot and music.

Same. Gameplay is uninteresting. Plot is Epic. Music makes going through gameplay to continue story bearable.

Please lets avoid the MGS story topic. If I state my opinion on this game even the Wii fans will hate me. I lied about gameplay it is boring, the best experience I had with the series was on MGS (still not so good).
It is better to avoid the talk about MGS being agood or bad game.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Frankly I don't care about metal gear solid series either (granted I've only played through metal gear solid), basically it's a clunky action game that just bombards you with enemy's as punishment for being caught

Seriously the only thing I actually see that the ps3 has going for it is that their might be a third game in the Ico/Shadow of the colosus games

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!