By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MGS4... Why Do Wii60 Fans Keep Wanting It?

Diomedes1976 said:
I agree with most people here .Xbox fans dont even want to buy the game ,they just hope that Sony losing it can get hurt badly and they can keep saying that Sony loses exclusives and the usual arguments .They fear that the coming of the great PS3 games ,of wich MGS4 is one of the ones with a bigger name ,could put the PS3 in the first place in gaming again .

You know what I dont get? Xbox fans use to be sony fans. Why did the ever leave sony in the first place? Halo wasnt enough to make the xbox such a "great" console. Or is it the head start of the 360 that got those sony fans into transmiting towards microsoft.

mM
Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
ItsaMii said:
DonWii said:

Well, I never liked the MGS gameplay. I always rushed through it for the story. The MGS storyline is very well written, and the only thing that interests me in the series.

"As for my personal opinion I would pay 1000 bucks so just I would never play or even watch a MGS4 game. It is not really the gameplay, but the storyline is insulting (MGS 2)".

Now I feel like some kind of anti-DonWii. Maybe it is Donwii that is the anti-ItsaMii. My head hurts.

I don't like the storyline of the MGS games and I don't like the gameplay of MGS games. So I agree with both of you and disagree with both of you.

Let's move on to more meaningful games than MGS.

Yea your right, lets talk about cooking mama for the wii!!

mM
leo-j said:
shams said:
leo-j said:
They want sony to fail they dont even buy it.

QFT.

Its more about hurting Sony, than actually having the game available to play on a 360.

Wat does Qft mean?

Quoted For Truth! =)  Took me awhile to figure out that one too, darn acronyms!  Death of language I tells ya.

ItsaMii said:
shams said:
leo-j said:

QFT.

Its more about hurting Sony, than actually having the game available to play on a 360.

QFT X 2

DMC 4 is the same, it is not a game that appeal to 360 audience. Just look at MG 2 Substance on Xbox (5 dollars at Gamestop).

As for my personal opinion I would pay 1000 bucks so just I would never play or even watch a MGS4 game. It is not really the gameplay, but the storyline is insulting (MGS 2).

QFT X 3

Fanboys would rather attack other consoles than defend their own.

So what it really seems to boil down to is:

Sony fans seem to think people with 360's are evil like they feel Microsoft is... Obviously, watching too many conspiracy theory movies... (You should have been in the computer industry during the late 80's and early 90's. Microsoft saved us from an eternity of IBM mainframe hell. Microsoft has made mistakes, but Sony doesn't really have a clean slate either... Can you say Root Kit, Battery fires, and every sony I ever owned died shortly after warranty including the PS2)

360 fans are smelling blood and want to "Finish the fight" as Halo fans would say... But, I sense jealousy toward the series... (Just so 360 fans know, Sony's existence is good for 360 fans. It is called competition not elimination. NextGen will sell a few 100,000,000 consoles. Share the pie)

Wii fans really don't care because everyone is playing Mario or cooking with mama and having fun rather than reading this or any other forum. (Really should get away from the Wii as eye strain is not good and having that much fun will over work the cheek muscles).

Now can we just let the MGS4 to 360 rumour die until someone actually really announces it officially? I like it when the forums are about the numbers and the games, not the announcements and different console fans... We need all three consoles to be successful. It will create the best games, entertainment, and fun for everyone (Sony, Microsoft, and Wii). I vote for a ban on MGS4 in any forum until there really is an announcement by Konami.

Around the Network

I think getting Metal Gear Solid 4 would be welcomed by 360 fans.
I do believe they will buy it. (Substance was different as it is a rehash)

As for the conversation... just a point.
My brother only owns a Wii....he loves it.
He loves Final Fantasy, and has played the series all the way to XII.

He doesn't want to buy a PS3 for one game as much as he loves the FF Series.
He wants FFXIII to somehow come out for Wii,
even if it is a watered down version of the PS3 game.

So sometimes (not all.. but some) its not the monopoly mentality, its just going by what you have. Most people will only get 1 system.
If you own a 360 you most likely will only own a 360. You gotta hope that it snags games away.

Predictions For Last Full Week of Sales in 2010)

WII - 80.35 Million

360 - 43.88 Million

PS3 - 41.40 Million

More terrible predictions coming Jan. 2011!!!

The thing is, it would make a lot of financial sense to go multi-platform. And that is why the rumor will not die. I still expect it to be a timed exclusive. The only thing I can't determine is for how long.

leo-j said:
shams said:
leo-j said:

QFT.

Wat does Qft mean?

Quite Fucking True.  or maybe  Quantum Field Theory

NeoRatt said:
 I vote for a ban on MGS4 in any forum until there really is an announcement by Konami.
you started it dude

Predictions For Last Full Week of Sales in 2010)

WII - 80.35 Million

360 - 43.88 Million

PS3 - 41.40 Million

More terrible predictions coming Jan. 2011!!!

"""You know what I dont get? Xbox fans use to be sony fans. Why did the ever leave sony in the first place? Halo wasnt enough to make the xbox such a "great" console. Or is it the head start of the 360 that got those sony fans into transmiting towards microsoft."""

==> it is a good question.
I think Sony bad move/bad press/bad PRICE/late/lost of exclusivity/BlueRay
since E3 2006.
People have progressively switched toward Microsoft thinking it will be the most HEALTHY console :

more sales/more games develloped/more exclusivity ==> the big safe console

Hopefully, a lot of people dont have bought a Xbox360 yet, and it is not too late to bought a PS3 ... If they can afford it :((

Time to Work !