By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MGS4... Why Do Wii60 Fans Keep Wanting It?

Why are 360 owners talking about MGS4 so much?  Every console has unique IP which defines it.  Let the Sony people have MGS4...  They need it...  I know it is great IP but so is Halo and Mario so let's just call it a saw-off...

This year 360 owners will play Blue Dragon, BioShock, Beautiful Katamari, Naruto, Halo 3, Call of Duty 4, Medal of Honor, Half-Life Orange Box, Virtua Fighter 5 (Fully online), Assain's Creed, Lost Odyssey, Mass Effect, Two Worlds, Stranglehold, World in Conflict, GTA IV (with full eposidic content) long before MGS4 will ship.  The biggest problem is making sure the budget is there for the content. 

Lucky they moved Unreal Tournament III to 2008...  Otherwise 360 owners would have to make some tough priority decisions.

Next year, 360 owners will have Unreal Tournament III, Star Wars: Force Unleashed, Fable 2, Too Human (finally, maybe), Fallout 3, Halo Wars, Burnout Paradise, Alan Wake, and probably a ton more great titles. 

360 owners are unappreciative of what is already there.  Playing NextGen a year before Sony and Nintendo fans.  More exclusives shipped then any other NextGen console (I don't consider Wii NextGen [But, I own a Wii and love it because it is fun])...  More total consoles currently sold.  The best NextGen 3rd party support.  And of course more is on the way.

Buy a Wii60 combo and you have the ultimate gaming / party fun platform on the market.  Buy a WiiPS3 combo and you have the ultimate MGS4 / party fun platform on the market.  I will keep my 4 - 360's on HD TVs, and my Wii for this generation.  No PS3 in my future because I don't want to pay $500 for a machine that really has only a few games that aren't even delivered yet and plays movies in such detail that I can see snot on Jessica Alba's nose.

Why can't we just let it rest?

Around the Network

Not so much because they want to play it but because everyone loves to see the fallout ala DMC4.

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

MS Fans tend to be like their Creators. They want to monopolize everything. They care not for MGS, they care more about the destruction of the PS3. Or they are old ps2 owners who have a 360 and don't want to buy a ps3. yet til they can afford it. In the end everyone wants a ps3 :P

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

They want sony to fail they dont even buy it.

mM

I dont care about MGS. Thats why i won't buy a ps3.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Around the Network

Not many people have the motivation to pay $1,000+ to buy the hardware so that they can play the games they want to play ...

leo-j said:

QFT.

Its more about hurting Sony, than actually having the game available to play on a 360.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

shams said:
leo-j said:

QFT.

Its more about hurting Sony, than actually having the game available to play on a 360.

QFT X 2

DMC 4 is the same, it is not a game that appeal to 360 audience. Just look at MG 2 Substance on Xbox (5 dollars at Gamestop).

As for my personal opinion I would pay 1000 bucks so just I would never play or even watch a MGS4 game. It is not really the gameplay, but the storyline is insulting (MGS 2).

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Because it will easily be the best game with a gun this gen.

Every one wants the best.

I didn't even know Wii owners wanted MGS4 on the Wii...